Register Now
kingpotato

Video game final missions or bosses you wish they were different

Is there any final mission or final boss you wish they had made differently ? Like for example I always hated that on Halo the final mission was always like escaping in a car or ship. Or like with Bioshock 2 and Bioshock infinite the last mission was about surviving instead of a boss fight like in Bioshock 1, same thing with Deadspace 2,  it just seems lazy to me.

27 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Final game mission is always intense with great suspense, if you aren't careful thou you get stuck on there long time. 

But is there a final boss or level you had wish gone differently? like if the boss wass to easy or if mission itself was generic ?

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Definitely the boss fight of Lucien Fairfax in Fable II where I expected some big duel after killing the protagonist family but ended up getting shot while he's still talking. 

I wouldn't really consider that a final boss fight because it's more like an assassination than a boss fight. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I said this before, but the end of assassins creed 3 was boring and lame. It's essentially a chase scene where the person you're after, dies via a cuisine. It's was a major letdown.  

Seriously, sometimes I keep asking myself and even my friends why in the world would some developers make such kind of game's plot? 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I said this before, but the end of assassins creed 3 was boring and lame. It's essentially a chase scene where the person you're after, dies via a cuisine. It's was a major letdown.  

It's very clearly obvious that they have lacked vision and unique views on what they can think of make interesting plots, so they jumble everything together. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, sometimes I keep asking myself and even my friends why in the world would some developers make such kind of game's plot? 

Probably because of time restraints. I figure they rushed the ending so that they can get there in time for the release window. The whole point of the ending is that you're supposed to assassinate the target in game. But it ends with you chasing this person on a burning boat and ends in a lazy and boring cutscene, it sucks. 😞

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Probably because of time restraints. I figure they rushed the ending so that they can get there in time for the release window. The whole point of the ending is that you're supposed to assassinate the target in game. But it ends with you chasing this person on a burning boat and ends in a lazy and boring cutscene, it sucks. 😞

Well yes, that's one good reason why some games might end up being made like that and it's totally whack in my opinion. If they don't have time for the game, let them postpone its making. 

On 1/13/2022 at 7:02 AM, Boblee said:

I wouldn't really consider that a final boss fight because it's more like an assassination than a boss fight. 

Well that is what the topic is about. Final missions or bosses we wish they where different. In this case in Fable 2, instead of a dialogue at the end it would have been better if it were an actual boss fight.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:22 AM, Kane99 said:

I feel you, I bought this game at full price back when it came out. The whole game was a letdown, from the 3 hour tutorial to the lame chase scene at the end. Im not against a chase mission as the final confrontation but the way it was made and handled seemed lazy and true it was probably because they were ina rush to release the game.

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Seriously, it's never really worth to waste all the time and resources in the game only to have it screwed up in the end. 

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well that is what the topic is about. Final missions or bosses we wish they where different. In this case in Fable 2, instead of a dialogue at the end it would have been better if it were an actual boss fight.

That's basically the talk here, even if there's going to be some talk, it should be the only thing that's done in the boss fight.