Register Now
Kane99

Weird and impractical controllers and peripherals

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have read up on Control Glove that's likely to be pushed up by Xbox when they develop another new console. It looks like a super upgrade on game's controllers in my opinion. Screenshot_20220119-090644.thumb.png.ea829d9cc52fcfdad27311971a30706f.png

This looks like a next generation controller in my eyes if you ask me and looking at it closely, it's going come with a lot of tricks. 

41 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Lets hope its not a rehash of the Power Glove on NES.

1200px-NES-Power-Glove.jpg

They look completely different from the looks of it, especially with the buttons but it may as well be an upgrade on this Power Glove on NES.

37 minutes ago, Heatman said:

This is definitely going to be very difficult to make use of especially when it's worn. How can you use just one hand to press all the buttons?

I can imagine using one hand to press the direction controls and at the same time the button commands controls. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is definitely going to be very difficult to make use of especially when it's worn. How can you use just one hand to press all the buttons?

It was supposedly thought up t be like a Wii controller with motion reaction. I think it was mainly for racing games like RC Pro-Am. So that you could in essence "grip the steering wheel" to drive the car. It never worked. It could be used to attempt to play any game, but there were very few games released that were specifically for the Power Glove.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:44 AM, The Blackangel said:

Lets hope its not a rehash of the Power Glove on NES.

1200px-NES-Power-Glove.jpg

Yeah the powerglove was a waste. I purchased one from a thrift store, but it was just the glove, so I had a device that was pretty much useless. Instead I used it to play cops and robbers as a kid lol. 

I heard somewhere that there was rumors of a Power Glove 2 coming soon, but I think that was some kinda of april fools joke or something. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah the powerglove was a waste. I purchased one from a thrift store, but it was just the glove, so I had a device that was pretty much useless. Instead I used it to play cops and robbers as a kid lol. 

I heard somewhere that there was rumors of a Power Glove 2 coming soon, but I think that was some kinda of april fools joke or something. 

Even with just the looks of it, it definitely do look useless because I don't know it's exactly to be used while being worn in one hand. 

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It was supposedly thought up t be like a Wii controller with motion reaction. I think it was mainly for racing games like RC Pro-Am. So that you could in essence "grip the steering wheel" to drive the car. It never worked. It could be used to attempt to play any game, but there were very few games released that were specifically for the Power Glove.

Having a specific games that the Power Glove is meant to be used to play, would have worked better for it and not just trying to use it and play just about any game. 

I like that a lot of the Wii's peripherals don't cost too much because they are just attachments, however most of these attachments hardly changed gameplay. I feel that developers could have been a lot more creative with these.

That 8bit Christmas movie that came out recently made fun of the Powerglove as well. Thought it was great to see a movie make fun of it. I think Nintendo sponsored or was a part of the movie too. 

I remember in The Wizard that they attempted to make the powerglove look cool. Always thought that was funny. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Kane99

On 1/21/2022 at 4:40 PM, Kane99 said:

That 8bit Christmas movie that came out recently made fun of the Powerglove as well. Thought it was great to see a movie make fun of it. I think Nintendo sponsored or was a part of the movie too. 

I remember in The Wizard that they attempted to make the powerglove look cool. Always thought that was funny. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It was even kind of being promoted if you ask me and there is no way you would expect Nintendo not to be involved in it.