Register Now
The Blackangel

Paranormal events during game development?

I'm a paranormal buff. I love the paranormal and the unexplained. Whether real or not is irrelevant, It all fascinates me. Things like the moving coffins of Barbados, or the Big Grey Man. Things that are of a paranormal nature, but happened to developers during game creation. Is there anything that fits this scenario? I personally haven't heard of anything, but if there's something, I would love to hear about it. If there's a situation like the filming of The Passion Of The christ I would be especially interested, as that movie was cursed from the beginning.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm a paranormal buff. I love the paranormal and the unexplained. Whether real or not is irrelevant, It all fascinates me. Things like the moving coffins of Barbados, or the Big Grey Man. Things that are of a paranormal nature, but happened to developers during game creation. Is there anything that fits this scenario? I personally haven't heard of anything, but if there's something, I would love to hear about it. If there's a situation like the filming of The Passion Of The christ I would be especially interested, as that movie was cursed from the beginning.

The movie - The Supernatural is definitely going to interest you a whole lot since tapping into the paranormal is your kind of thing. I'm not sure if it's got any connection to games. 

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I'm not sure if there is any or at least nothing that has gone public. But the first thing that came to my mind with this topic was the lavender town music story from the original Pokemon red and blue in japan. 

I forgot about Lavender town. There's also Ben Drowned. While good ones, those are both events after game releases unfortunately.

I can't say I've heard of any horror stories that developers had in terms of the paranormal, but I'm sure there are some developers and studios who have dealt with what they consider to be hauntings or ghost sightings. I don't believe ghosts are real, but to each their own. 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:34 PM, Kane99 said:

I can't say I've heard of any horror stories that developers had in terms of the paranormal, but I'm sure there are some developers and studios who have dealt with what they consider to be hauntings or ghost sightings. I don't believe ghosts are real, but to each their own. 

I have encountered ghosts in person and it's person's that I know very well that are dead. Once I was visited twice by one of them and it was really creepy for me. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:34 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

All them crazy bug issues are quite paranormal. 😄

I stand with you on this one because I used to believe that these bugs are something they can easily fix but it seems like it's way out of their hands because it's not normal for them to fix it.