Register Now
Crazycrab

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO "Expect More Aquisitions"

4 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

There has been a couple of smaller acquisitions since then.  Like Haven Studios, who have worked on some big AAA games as an outsourced contractor. Including Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider and EA Star Wars Battlefront.

I expect that there will be bigger acquisitions coming.

Thanks for the information buddy, I didn't keep closer attention to that, now I've known about the latest purchase made by Sony. They see positives in the video studio company that's why they purchased it to merge with their own gigantic company. 

All these studio acquisitions are great but how long before they start closing studio's down when new games underperform, its happened before with Driveclub and The Order 1886 Sony is relying on physical media sales while MS is buying to build up Gamepass which will help fund and keep these studios making games

8 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

There has been a couple of smaller acquisitions since then.  Like Haven Studios, who have worked on some big AAA games as an outsourced contractor. Including Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider and EA Star Wars Battlefront.

I expect that there will be bigger acquisitions coming.

If they keep up with that pace of acquisitions, that's likely to happen sooner than later with something close to the biggest acquisitions pulled off by Microsoft in the last decade. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

The acquisition of Activision-Blizzard by Microsoft gave Sony a big slap on the face as a big wake up call, they are likely to keep pushing with more acquisition till next year. 

Which has made Sony in line for more cooperation and purchase, definitely their will be more explicit purchase in the near future, they just want to keep the competition rolling. 

Competition makes two companies to improve and bring about quality to their customer. The competition going on between Microsoft and Sony makes both competitive enough developing just quality consoles and it's accessories plus video games. 

On 4/18/2022 at 12:09 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Which has made Sony in line for more cooperation and purchase, definitely their will be more explicit purchase in the near future, they just want to keep the competition rolling. 

It's why I'm not surprised at all with Sony being on the purchasing spree because they felt like being left behind by Microsoft. 

On 4/18/2022 at 2:06 AM, Justin11 said:

Competition makes two companies to improve and bring about quality to their customer. The competition going on between Microsoft and Sony makes both competitive enough developing just quality consoles and it's accessories plus video games. 

I'm really enjoying the company's competition between Microsoft and Sony because in the end, it's only going to favor the gamers more. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I'm really enjoying the company's competition between Microsoft and Sony because in the end, it's only going to favor the gamers more. 

Yeap, beneficial indeed for gamers, because both parties will be doing everything at their reach to favour their customers in order to gain more customers. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeap, beneficial indeed for gamers, because both parties will be doing everything at their reach to favour their customers in order to gain more customers. 

Everything they are doing would be to pull the customers to their own brand, and it means offering something better than what they used to. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Everything they are doing would be to pull the customers to their own brand, and it means offering something better than what they used to. 

You're correct bro, everyone is looking to impress the customers to keep good shape of the business, drive sales, that is just the way Sony and Microsoft have going lately. 

On 4/19/2022 at 10:35 PM, Justin11 said:

Monopoly will never server gamers better at all and it's why with the way things are now between Sony and Microsoft, it's better for all of us. 

11 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Monopoly will never server gamers better at all and it's why with the way things are now between Sony and Microsoft, it's better for all of us. 

Correct. I don't like monopoly at all, I love competition that's what strengthen companies to do well. When they notice that other competitors are chasing down the pack, they'll definitely buckle up and do to better their fellow, I'm enjoying the competition around video game industry in general. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why the government are even against having companies become a monopoly lord in US because it's very clear that it's the customers that's going to be at the suffering end of it.