Register Now
NightmareFarm

How are you guys enjoying Forbidden West so far?(No Spoilers)

I'm about 6 hours in and just completed the embassy mission. It feels like a step up from zero dawn in pretty much every area. Better graphics, motion capture, 60fps, better melee combat, skill tree, QoL, etc. A much more smoother experience. The plot seems very exciting with the new barbaric tribe.

Edited by NightmareFarm

50 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

I'm about 6 hours in and just completed the embassy mission. It feels like a step up from zero dawn in pretty much every area. Better graphics, motion capture, 60fps, better melee combat, skill tree, QoL, etc. A much more smoother experience. The plot seems very exciting with the new barbaric tribe.

That pretty much sums up my initial thoughts. It is Horizon Zero dawn with every little thing being a little bit better. I still plan to write a full review, so I won't say much more, but it is a superb games so far.

I haven't purchased it, as I just couldn't find it for the right price. No way I'm paying over $60 for any game, that's where I draw the line in the sand.

From what I saw from videos they borrowed quite a bit from Tomb Raider and/or Uncharted for this instalment which I'm not so sure about. One mechanic I saw was directly lifted from Tomb Raider, which just shocked me. It is one thing to do similar things, but to so blatantly copy something is not common. Actually makes me think about how the cauldrons in the first game were eerily similar to vaults of Mass Effect Andromeda.

19 hours ago, Shagger said:

That pretty much sums up my initial thoughts. It is Horizon Zero dawn with every little thing being a little bit better. I still plan to write a full review, so I won't say much more, but it is a superb games so far.

Just like your review on The Last Of Us Part II, I can't wait to see what you are getting written down with the game. 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:20 PM, m76 said:

I haven't purchased it, as I just couldn't find it for the right price. No way I'm paying over $60 for any game, that's where I draw the line in the sand.

From what I saw from videos they borrowed quite a bit from Tomb Raider and/or Uncharted for this instalment which I'm not so sure about. One mechanic I saw was directly lifted from Tomb Raider, which just shocked me. It is one thing to do similar things, but to so blatantly copy something is not common. Actually makes me think about how the cauldrons in the first game were eerily similar to vaults of Mass Effect Andromeda.

You would definitely pay $60 for it if you really want to play it now or you would have to wait for at least 4 months or more before you would get it cheaper. 

On 2/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, NightmareFarm said:

The melee combat in the game is top notch. How it looks so real with each cut is very thrilling. How do you rate the melee combat in the game and The Last Of Us 2? 

On 3/31/2022 at 4:02 PM, Heatman said:

The melee combat in the game is top notch. How it looks so real with each cut is very thrilling. How do you rate the melee combat in the game and The Last Of Us 2? 

Never played TLOU games.

I've beat the game and have an entirely different perspecitve now. The melee combat feels like a step forward in fluidity but on the other hand I don't like how they nerfed heavy attacks and made you have to charge heavy to get the same results as a tap in the first game. 

51 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

Finally beat the game. To be quite honest, I found Zero Dawn better. I know it's an unpopular opinion but it felt underwhelming.

Have you completed the game this one you sound like this? 

I am yet to play the Zero Dawn, that one will come sooner, or later, it depends on the time availability for it.