Register Now
Prof elohstar

DRIVER

Yeah i did, summer 1999 i had decent enough grades and my parents promised me that i was allowed to buy 2 new ps1 games driver was one them i got alongside V-rally 2.

The tutorial was brutal, man how much i struggled with that, luckly there was a guide included in the official playstation magazine a month orso later on how to complete it. Pretty sure i still know how to complete it haha. 

The game was ground breaking for the time it was like nothing i had seen before being able to drive around a big city and let's be honest the 4 cities were fairly large for the time, ever when i see people saying driver is just another gta clone, i'm shaking my head in disbelieve like driver pretty much laid the foundation for modern open world games.

What else do i remember oh yeah the last couple of missions were next to impossible to complete, i got extremely lucky with the last mission were you have to drive the president because every cop seems to have it out for you. Offcourse you could always use cheats but who did that right 😉

Driver 2 was on even better game, where you could walk around and take any car you wanted, the cities were more varied aswell but this topic is about driver 1 so i'll end my ramble here.

7 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Yeah i did, summer 1999 i had decent enough grades and my parents promised me that i was allowed to buy 2 new ps1 games driver was one them i got alongside V-rally 2.

The tutorial was brutal, man how much i struggled with that, luckly there was a guide included in the official playstation magazine a month orso later on how to complete it. Pretty sure i still know how to complete it haha. 

The game was ground breaking for the time it was like nothing i had seen before being able to drive around a big city and let's be honest the 4 cities were fairly large for the time, ever when i see people saying driver is just another gta clone, i'm shaking my head in disbelieve like driver pretty much laid the foundation for modern open world games.

What else do i remember oh yeah the last couple of missions were next to impossible to complete, i got extremely lucky with the last mission were you have to drive the president because every cop seems to have it out for you. Offcourse you could always use cheats but who did that right 😉

Driver 2 was on even better game, where you could walk around and take any car you wanted, the cities were more varied aswell but this topic is about driver 1 so i'll end my ramble here.

Well narrated. You're really an old time gamer. DRIVER was really an interesting game. The part that interest me more is when your car is damaged and you just worked to your preferred car and chase the owner out from his own car and start driving. Another interesting part is when you have to trace/follow up a car without the driver knowing you're trailing his car. You trail at a distance and and slow down when the car slows down. You can also choose to take a bike from its owner and ride it. You remember how passerby do scream when driving recklessly? It's really a fun game.

There's something interesting to be said that a game can be funner when manipulating its glitches rather than actually playing it for its original purpose. Driver is one of those rare games, and for once it's not really a bad thing. The game does have mission-breaking glitches, your car flying off of the map, going through invisible walls into the ether, and so much more. However, utilizing these glitches in leisure or challenge modes are mouth watering.

The reason?

This game came with a replay mode where you could save your best "work." Hit a car on its side at just the right spot and your car or the other one will go flying to hilarious new heights. It makes for fantastic laughs with friends trying to create new videos, one-upping one another to put together the greatest madness possible.

It's been a long while for Driver game, I didn't get to play it, in fact is my first time hearing about the game. I love racing games, but it wouldn't be possible playing it since it is already outdated. Because PS1 games can't be ordered anymore here in my demographics. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's been a long while for Driver game, I didn't get to play it, in fact is my first time hearing about the game. I love racing games, but it wouldn't be possible playing it since it is already outdated. Because PS1 games can't be ordered anymore here in my demographics. 

It's really been a long time now. I don't think pS1 games is still available anywhere in the world for sales in game store. Even if you will find a pS1 to purchase then getting the disc will be another constraint. 

36 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

It's really been a long time now. I don't think pS1 games is still available anywhere in the world for sales in game store. Even if you will find a pS1 to purchase then getting the disc will be another constraint. 

It will really be constraint indeed my friend. And I don't like facing such kind of hassle, that's why I wouldn't get to look after PS1 anymore. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

It will really be constraint indeed my friend. And I don't like facing such kind of hassle, that's why I wouldn't get to look after PS1 anymore. 

I wouldn't want you to go through all that stress too bro. That era has passed. fortunately for you, there's a lot of beautiful video games you can play today that can never be compared to what pS1 offers. So enjoy the available video games my friend. 

4 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

I wouldn't want you to go through all that stress too bro. That era has passed. fortunately for you, there's a lot of beautiful video games you can play today that can never be compared to what pS1 offers. So enjoy the available video games my friend. 

You're welcome bro, i will concentrate on current gen consoles that offers quality graphics and game-play. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Why not try Driver San francisco on your ps3 my man gives you something else to play then mgp games 😉, Driver san francisco may suprise you as it's quite good and holds up fairly well. The story may be over the top but The shift mecanic int he game is really quite something you have to experience and wonder why no other racing game has used this since.

Pretty sure you can find a copy for dirt cheap somewhere in a gamestop or online.

With that said Ubisoft should bring back the driver franchise, i mean use the map of the crew and the shift mecanic and you have already have a winner on your hands.

Driver 2 was the first game that i played in the PS1 console actually, then played Driver 1 later on PC, it wasn't that much enjoyable like Driver 2 was, then played Parallel lines and San Francisco as well!

6 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Why not try Driver San francisco on your ps3 my man gives you something else to play then mgp games 😉, Driver san francisco may suprise you as it's quite good and holds up fairly well. The story may be over the top but The shift mecanic int he game is really quite something you have to experience and wonder why no other racing game has used this since.

Pretty sure you can find a copy for dirt cheap somewhere in a gamestop or online.

With that said Ubisoft should bring back the driver franchise, i mean use the map of the crew and the shift mecanic and you have already have a winner on your hands.

I will endure I follow up what you've said to see if I'll get the game 'Driver. Since is PS3 compatible, no time wasting, I'll see if I'll search for it o er here at my countryside local online store. 

On 3/17/2022 at 5:50 PM, Patrik said:

Driver 2 was the first game that i played in the PS1 console actually, then played Driver 1 later on PC, it wasn't that much enjoyable like Driver 2 was, then played Parallel lines and San Francisco as well!

That's nice. So driver was actually the first game you played on PlayStation 1 console, you started with a nice game. I think my first game on PlayStation 1 console was soccer game.

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

That's nice. So driver was actually the first game you played on PlayStation 1 console, you started with a nice game. I think my first game on PlayStation 1 console was soccer game.

i remember playing some soccer games in ps1 as well, i don't like them though but they were no other games to play xd

On 3/22/2022 at 6:47 PM, Patrik said:

i remember playing some soccer games in ps1 as well, i don't like them though but they were no other games to play xd

Oh those soccer were actually amazing! Well maybe it's because am a huge fan of soccer. There's a feature I also like in the pS1 soccer, it's called konami. There you can play the konami cup with computer or with fellow gamers. You can adjust the participants to as much gamers available to play the konami cup.