Register Now
StaceyPowers

Boss fights that are more like puzzles?

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

The adrenaline rush makes it that way for me. Some gamers can make you sweating, if care not taking. Since you can't down the main opposition, it just turn out to be nightmare puzzle.

Okay yeah but the topic is about the gameplay itself being more like a puzzle ,not the experience

Fighting Goro in God of war seem to me like a puzzle fight, he gave me nightmares, that made me sweating over my body. Sigrun in God of war, also gave me nightmares, one of the boss fighters that aren't easy to down, more like a puzzle fight. 

On 4/10/2022 at 12:45 AM, Justin11 said:

Fighting Goro in God of war seem to me like a puzzle fight, he gave me nightmares, that made me sweating over my body. Sigrun in God of war, also gave me nightmares, one of the boss fighters that aren't easy to down, more like a puzzle fight. 

Goro in God of War ? you mean Mortal Kombat right ? But even still the topic here is not about strong bosses but the gameplay itself being like a puzzle rather than a fight.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:27 AM, Head_Hunter said:

The adrenaline rush makes it that way for me. Some gamers can make you sweating, if care not taking. Since you can't down the main opposition, it just turn out to be nightmare puzzle.

Still sounds more in line with strategy and tactics rather than an actual puzzle.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Goro in God of War ? you mean Mortal Kombat right ? But even still the topic here is not about strong bosses but the gameplay itself being like a puzzle rather than a fight.

But the topic is centred on fights that is more like puzzles,  it took enough brilliance and tactics for me to down goro in mortal Kombat. 

5 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

But the topic is centred on fights that is more like puzzles,  it took enough brilliance and tactics for me to down goro in mortal Kombat. 

No my friend, I think the confusion here is the translation. The topic says "boss fights that are more like puzzles than fights", as in boss fights that are not actually fights but more like a puzzle that has to be solved, so basically fighting games are not part of this category.

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

No my friend, I think the confusion here is the translation. The topic says "boss fights that are more like puzzles than fights", as in boss fights that are not actually fights but more like a puzzle that has to be solved, so basically fighting games are not part of this category.

I got the translation now, it is a boss fight that has to be solved. I was thinking more about boss fights that has to be like combat, any fight at all that is like puzzle, given real test to the gamer. I got the translation now, with the information, I don't think I've come across such kind of game before bro. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I got the translation now, it is a boss fight that has to be solved. I was thinking more about boss fights that has to be like combat, any fight at all that is like puzzle, given real test to the gamer. I got the translation now, with the information, I don't think I've come across such kind of game before bro. 

True there arent too many of them (that I know of) , the only other I can think of is probably the Oldman Sniper boss fight in MGS3 but even that I dont know if it can be consider a puzzle. And I can understand that even term is kinda loose.

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True there arent too many of them (that I know of) , the only other I can think of is probably the Oldman Sniper boss fight in MGS3 but even that I dont know if it can be consider a puzzle. And I can understand that even term is kinda loose.

Let me go search for a review of the game you mentioned here if it truly falls under this thread category or not. I am not knowledgeable on games that falls in this category, and I can't start mentioning the ones I never played. 

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

Still sounds more in line with strategy and tactics rather than an actual puzzle.

If so then it means I'm far from playing a real boss fighting game where a gamer is tasked to solving puzzles.  

Edited by Head_Hunter