Register Now
The Blackangel

What if Red Dead Redemption 3 Happened?

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

What's your point exactly, are you of the opinion that developing and publishing RDR3 would be a bad idea for Rockstar studios?

If you feel that way I believe you have your reasons but I still see a good outcome if RDR3 is released but it shouldn't be done if it doesn't come with  it's own distinctive features that makes it different from what is already existing.

Nope, I wouldn't say, rockstar shouldn't go on to develop RDR-3 if they want to. That's not my cup of tea, they can go on and make the game, definitely I'll look up to it when others recommends it. But for now, RDR-2 is still okay for me, I'm still far from completing the game quests. 

On 5/31/2022 at 6:26 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Nope, I wouldn't say, rockstar shouldn't go on to develop RDR-3 if they want to. That's not my cup of tea, they can go on and make the game, definitely I'll look up to it when others recommends it. But for now, RDR-2 is still okay for me, I'm still far from completing the game quests. 

Okay, I have completed RDR2 for a while now  though I still play it from time to time. How long have you actually been playing RDR2?

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been playing and replaying it for a couple years now.

I got mine late  2020, that was a period when I played a lot of video games, so I have been playing for about 2 years now.

For me, I'm very well satisfied with how the 2nd release of the game ended and I don't really see any good angle that's going to worth anything like what they did in Red Dead Redemption 2 if they should push for the 3rd release. 

Gamers wouldn't be satisfied playing same version II so long, complain will start pouring out, demanding for the next edition if RDR to come out. Unless the predecessor doesn't make sense, then the gamers will feel somewhat disgruntled and not bothered much for a sequel. 

They'd have to make some pretty major changes to the gameplay to get me interested in RDR3, namely implementing a free fast travel system right from the start and changing the ultra-realistic animations to something more responsive so it doesn't feel like I'm wrestling with the MC instead of controlling him. I loved the first RDR and forced myself to finish the second one for the story. They tarnished RDR2's playability by trying to make everything too realistsic. Realism should always take a backseat to convenience in a video game.

Weird, didn't see this topic before. But I'll say this. I think the only place a RDR3 could go is another prequel. Maybe with the focus on the founding of Dutch's gang. Or maybe it will go further back before the gang. Or it could be from another side, or a completely new set of characters that have nothing to do with the base game.

This time though, I hope they release a new undead nightmare. 😄

On 6/4/2022 at 1:00 AM, The Blackangel said:

I've been playing and replaying it for a couple years now.

I have been playing for a year as well, I have gone through it completely twice and play it in parts from time to time.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:15 PM, Kane99 said:

Weird, didn't see this topic before. But I'll say this. I think the only place a RDR3 could go is another prequel. Maybe with the focus on the founding of Dutch's gang. Or maybe it will go further back before the gang. Or it could be from another side, or a completely new set of characters that have nothing to do with the base game.

This time though, I hope they release a new undead nightmare. 😄

Do you think the characters can't be developed further and a plot twist introduced to the game to make up the RDR3 sequel.

I know a prequel is very much possible but I still believe that there's is more that could be done with the characters from the series.

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Do you think the characters can't be developed further and a plot twist introduced to the game to make up the RDR3 sequel.

I know a prequel is very much possible but I still believe that there's is more that could be done with the characters from the series.

There's not much you can really do with a sequel if you intend to follow the same group of people. You could either expand on Jacks story and see his life after RDR1, which would spell further end of the western setting as RDR1 was starting to move from the west setting, as the industrial revolution is about to start, which involves cars, etc. 

So, a prequel would work in the sense that you go back further, maybe the founding of Dutch's gang. You could play as a completely different character, much like how we played as Arthur in RDR2, as we never hear about him in RDR1. So, the idea could be that you get to control a new character who inevitably dies before what takes place in RDR2. Or gets out of the outlaw life somehow, maybe the third will have a happy ending haha. 

AThey could go into another direction and take a supporting character and make a game around them. I know I'd like to see Charles get his own game. He would I think be a great character to explore. Could be cool if we got to play as a younger Hosea when the Dutch Van Linde gang was just starting up as well. 

Or, they could explore some supporting characters from RDR1, like Landon Ricketts who is an old gunslinger you meet in the game that's now retired from the outlaw life. They could choose him as a main protagonist for a prequel-sequel, maybe how he became one of the best gunslingers around. 

There's a lot Rockstar can do. They can do a sequel any way they want, and we'd be there to buy it day one. At least I will. :D 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Or, they could explore some supporting characters from RDR1, like Landon Ricketts who is an old gunslinger you meet in the game that's now retired from the outlaw life. They could choose him as a main protagonist for a prequel-sequel, maybe how he became one of the best gunslingers around. 

This would surely be an interesting story to make since he is already retired in RDR2 they could show us his earliest days as a gunslinger and how has his involvement in the gangs changed the course of event over time.

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

AThey could go into another direction and take a supporting character and make a game around them. I know I'd like to see Charles get his own game. He would I think be a great character to explore. Could be cool if we got to play as a younger Hosea when the Dutch Van Linde gang was just starting up as well. 

Playing as a younger Hosea as, this two story could be merged into one.

Anyways whichever way rockstar decides to go I guess we would just be waiting to purchase whatever story or path they choose to go.