Register Now
The Blackangel

Do you play your games silently?

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Not really, it's just that my neighbors are good folks so I'm just being considerate.

If that's the case then, it's all good. I'm sure they are the same that your dog was caught up in his trampoline in the hit and run accident you talked about in the other thread right? 

In the neighborhood I live, everywhere is quiet, their is no way I can play video games turning the volume high. I always play with moderate volume, or using headset to control the volume for only me to hear. I just don't like distracting others with my own happiness. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

In the neighborhood I live, everywhere is quiet, their is no way I can play video games turning the volume high. I always play with moderate volume, or using headset to control the volume for only me to hear. I just don't like distracting others with my own happiness. 

It's always nice to put other people's peace into consideration whenever you're doing anything. It's not good to use your own noise no matter from where it's coming from to inconvenience others. If you can control the noise, it's better to do so. 

When I used to play Call of Duty a lot in the past, I would often yell at other players. I'd swear at them often and act like an asshole pretty much. I miss the randomness of public game lobbies, but I don't miss the arguments and whiney teens we used to play against all the time. Now days I don't play COD as much, and when I do, I don't have my mic in. And if I hear any loud and obnoxious people, I'll just mute them in game. 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:53 PM, Kane99 said:

When I used to play Call of Duty a lot in the past, I would often yell at other players. I'd swear at them often and act like an asshole pretty much. I miss the randomness of public game lobbies, but I don't miss the arguments and whiney teens we used to play against all the time. Now days I don't play COD as much, and when I do, I don't have my mic in. And if I hear any loud and obnoxious people, I'll just mute them in game. 

Muting is a very good way to deal with such obnoxious and nasty players who doesn't know how to talk when they playing. Paying at the public game houses back then as kids was very fun. My best wrestling game's playing days was at game houses. We can be lousy then 😂

On 9/14/2022 at 10:42 PM, Heatman said:

It's always nice to put other people's peace into consideration whenever you're doing anything. It's not good to use your own noise no matter from where it's coming from to inconvenience others. If you can control the noise, it's better to do so. 

Very better dear, I wouldn't like the same thing on my end. I love quiet atmosphere, that's the reason why I have to choose my current location. When I'm playing video games I always make sure the volume is turned very low or I use headset to listen to in-game soundtracks and voice overs. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Very better dear, I wouldn't like the same thing on my end. I love quiet atmosphere, that's the reason why I have to choose my current location. When I'm playing video games I always make sure the volume is turned very low or I use headset to listen to in-game soundtracks and voice overs. 

It's how most Estates here are set up. It's always calm and peaceful. You hardly see anyone being lousy in any way, otherwise the estate authorities will be called in on you but there are always the bad eggs around. They smoke, drink, play loud music and game louder!! 

19 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's how most Estates here are set up. It's always calm and peaceful. You hardly see anyone being lousy in any way, otherwise the estate authorities will be called in on you but there are always the bad eggs around. They smoke, drink, play loud music and game louder!! 

I understand that their are bad eggs around any vicinity, but with tighter security protocol set-up, they wouldn't pollute the environment with their noise all because they're having fun. I understand that gaming is sweeter when you're drinking and sharing conversation with friends. But it shouldn't go excessively in bringing noise within the vicinity, so, others don't get distracted. 

On 5/16/2022 at 4:46 PM, The Blackangel said:

Does anyone else play their games with the sound either turned all the way down or the TV just flat out muted? I do. I play all my games silenced. The only exception would be RDR2. But everything else I play silently. I've played that way so long, that turning on the sound actually distracts me now and causes me to screw up and usually die. NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Atari 2600, Game Boy, and everything else. They're always silent. I'm probably the only one here who plays that way. The thought occurred to me as I was waiting for the floor under the clock to open in Castlevania SOTN to ask if anyone else plays their games silenced.

It depends on the game. Some of the games I hate the sounds so much that I play them muted. Some I have to lower the sound on certain aspects. Some are just too repetitive or too annoying. They start bugging my anxiety. 

4 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

It depends on the game. Some of the games I hate the sounds so much that I play them muted. Some I have to lower the sound on certain aspects. Some are just too repetitive or too annoying. They start bugging my anxiety. 

One game comes to my mind very quickly when it comes to the worst that I have played that its soundtrack was very awful. It gave migraine at one point. It's Yoshi's Island DS. 

5 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

That's roughly me. When I was a kid I would get beat even harder if they could hear the sound coming from my gaming. So I ended up turning the sound off. Newer games where the dialogue is so much more complex, I don't mute. RDR2 for example is one that I don't mute. But the classic games, I almost always mute them. I either have to love it's soundtrack or the game has to be something where the sounds are virtually required. But the vast majority of games that I play are always muted.

Not when I am playing my favorite FIFA Football manager game on the Playstation 4. I like the commentaries since I play with my friends at their place back then (my parents couldn't let me play games at home). For some other games, I can do on my mobile with no volume.

That's really interesting! I rely on sound cues so much when I play (often more than visual cues) that it'd be impossible for me to play games with sound. A few exceptions would be something like World of Warcraft, which I usually play when just chatting with friends, and the game's so much muscle memory and sort of "ambient" gameplay that it works fine there.

3 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Not when I am playing my favorite FIFA Football manager game on the Playstation 4. I like the commentaries since I play with my friends at their place back then (my parents couldn't let me play games at home). For some other games, I can do on my mobile with no volume.

That's right about playing football games. It's the same thing for me as well whenever I'm playing 2K WWE games. Even though with all the pitfalls they have in the game, one thing that I really enjoy so much is the commentaries. It makes it fun and lively for me.