Register Now
Kane99

Netflix should really start to release bigger/triple A games

On 8/19/2022 at 1:49 AM, Clasher said:

The part about "most people not knowing that Netflix has games is true".

I was having a chat with a friend and we were discussing about game developing studios with the best overall video games out and along the line I mentioned Netflix makes video games and he was surprised to learn about it.

I think Netflix didn't do much advertising about their video games as much as they do their tv shows , movies or series which could be one of the reasons for it's poor sells.

I think the main reason people don't know, is because they don't really advertise them anywhere. You'd think they would put a small ad on their Netflix app to promote them at least. 

And I see someone mentioned ads on Netflix. I'm for it. I don't mind ads before and after programming. Just as long as it's not in the middle of the program. 

On 8/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, Kane99 said:

I think the main reason people don't know, is because they don't really advertise them anywhere. You'd think they would put a small ad on their Netflix app to promote them at least. 

And I see someone mentioned ads on Netflix. I'm for it. I don't mind ads before and after programming. Just as long as it's not in the middle of the program. 

They should do some more advertising and I feel that would help them with sales since Netflix is know worldwide a lot of gamers might be willing to try out the games they make.

Ads on Netflix would make it more like a glorified YouTube and it wouldn't be as authentic and exotic as it is right now.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

They should do some more advertising and I feel that would help them with sales since Netflix is know worldwide a lot of gamers might be willing to try out the games they make.

Ads on Netflix would make it more like a glorified YouTube and it wouldn't be as authentic and exotic as it is right now.

They advertise their programming all over the place, but I don't ever see ads about their mobile games. I bet if they did actually advertise, they would see more downloads. As for ads on Netflix, they will only ever be before and after programming. I doubt they would have ads in the middle. 

If they did do ads throughout their programming, maybe they will include new plans that includes ads, but the cost is much cheaper. 

On 8/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, Kane99 said:

They are serious about getting in ads on Netflix now. Maybe it's also targeted at pushing out their games and other projects that gets paid to be put out there through their platform. 

I wouldn't mind too much about the ads as long as they are not too intrusive. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

They are serious about getting in ads on Netflix now. Maybe it's also targeted at pushing out their games and other projects that gets paid to be put out there through their platform. 

I wouldn't mind too much about the ads as long as they are not too intrusive. 

Like I said with Netflix, ads will probably be at the start and end of a program. 

Or they might release tier plans where advertising is part of a lower priced plan, which could result in ads in the middle of videos. 

Netflix got a strategy that they are following which I envisage working pretty well for them. They have this plan to capture the mobile gaming sector before even thinking of expanding to PC and console. When more gamers play their mobile games, it can give them the needed desire to develop PC games.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:01 PM, Kane99 said:

Like I said with Netflix, ads will probably be at the start and end of a program. 

Or they might release tier plans where advertising is part of a lower priced plan, which could result in ads in the middle of videos. 

The only which remains now would be for them to complete the upgrade and roll it out. Hopefully, we would get to see how positive it's going to be or negative in general. 

I think the reason the gaming numbers are so low i because they don't advertise their games nearly as much as the shows they have on their platform. It also seems they''re taking their time to test the waters and slowly work their way in rather than do what Google did with Stadia and completely flop.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think the reason the gaming numbers are so low i because they don't advertise their games nearly as much as the shows they have on their platform. It also seems they''re taking their time to test the waters and slowly work their way in rather than do what Google did with Stadia and completely flop.

Yeah, that's correct and I'm very certain that they are looking at what Amazon have done over the last few years to know what they have done wrong and right. It's going to be very useful for them in knowing how to go about their own projects. 

The thing is, I think Amazon is going to end up doing more in gaming soon anyway. They already have Luna, and their own game studio, so there's a big chance we'll start to see Amazon getting more into the gaming scene. And I think they could make a service for streaming/playing games, kinda like what Netflix does, but this with actual games and not mobile ones. 

I could see Amazon achieving this success way before Netflix does. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Amazon is already miles ahead of Netflix when it comes to their involvement in video games. If anything is to be looked it, it's Netflix that's going to do the copy game with Amazon's footprints in the gaming industry. If they do it right, they are most likely going to pull through. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The thing is, I think Amazon is going to end up doing more in gaming soon anyway. They already have Luna, and their own game studio, so there's a big chance we'll start to see Amazon getting more into the gaming scene. And I think they could make a service for streaming/playing games, kinda like what Netflix does, but this with actual games and not mobile ones. 

The thing is Luna's launch was pretty poor and yes they have their own gaming studio but didn't they have that game that literally bricked Nvidia graphics cards? I think it was New World? Amazon isn't going to go much further than Netflix because they're both up against Xbox Gamepass and Playstation Plus, both of whom belong to companies that have huge reputations in the industry so they'll need to overcome that hurdle.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The thing is Luna's launch was pretty poor and yes they have their own gaming studio but didn't they have that game that literally bricked Nvidia graphics cards? I think it was New World? Amazon isn't going to go much further than Netflix because they're both up against Xbox Gamepass and Playstation Plus, both of whom belong to companies that have huge reputations in the industry so they'll need to overcome that hurdle.

It's going to be almost if not impossible for either Netflix or Amazon to be on the same bar with Xbox or Sony in any way. I think that what they can do would be do something like what Nintendo have done already and see themselves grow at their own pace. What do you think? 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:19 PM, Heatman said:

It's going to be almost if not impossible for either Netflix or Amazon to be on the same bar with Xbox or Sony in any way. I think that what they can do would be do something like what Nintendo have done already and see themselves grow at their own pace. What do you think? 

To be fair, Nintendo has been around even longer than the other 2 and they've always had a massive fanbase and reputation in the gaming industry so Nintendo isn't in the same category as Netflix or Amazon.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, Nintendo has been around even longer than the other 2 and they've always had a massive fanbase and reputation in the gaming industry so Nintendo isn't in the same category as Netflix or Amazon.

Yeah, that's true. Nintendo is definitely in a league of its own and I know that very well. It's only Sony and Microsoft that can compete with Nintendo. I'm just thinking that Amazon or Netflix can find a way to do something similar to how Nintendo started if it's possible for them to do it.