Register Now
kingpotato

Spiderman Miles Morales review

Well after 7 hours of gameplay I finished the main story plus most side missions. Spiderman Miles Morales is basically a sequel of the 2018 Spiderman game. Im not going to go much into details about the story, not because of the spoilers but because the story is so boring and generic as fuck, Miles as a character has basically no personality, and the antagonist is another cliche of good person doing evil stuff for the sake of revenge, the only other real bad guys are a super generic evil CEO  and Rhino who is only there to serve as a punching bag. 

Now lets talk about the gameplay, the game is almost 90% exactly the same as is antecesor, so at least you know the gameplay mechanics are at least still fun and easy to get use to. The character variety is basically the same, tugs, big tugs, tugs with guns, tugs with tech armor etc. Same goes for the missions , infiltrate a hideout, stealth attacks and fighting multiple enemies at once.

Miles gadgets are dissapointing, he only has 4 and the only one worth it is the hologram clones since you can use them to fight crowds. 

The new inovation comes with Miles new powers, Invisibility and Electric Venom, invisibilty is very useful for stealth fights and Electric Venom is just fun to use and is basically the main point of gameplay since you are basically using your electrity 99% of the time.

But other than that the gameplay is still pretty much the same as the previus game, and thats were it gets boring. The game has no strong points, there is not a single mission in the game that is memorable.

Costumes are a mixed bag between cool and ugly as hell. The game is shorter than the previus game, and it just feels like a very long dlc.

Also I had a bunch of bugs this is most likely because I was playing on a ps4 slim and the game was marketed as a mainly ps5 game.

In conclusion 7/10 , I will not go back to playing it again.

For most advanced gamers the game isn't really what we expected from a spider Man game , but you wouldn't believe how long my nephew pressured me and tried to convince to get this game.

Finally, I got it after a week of unrest at home and the kid just couldn't stop talking about it and all the really cool moves he could make and all that.

One night I gave it a try, it got cool graphics, nice storyline but it was just a good game and nothing really capitivating and peculiar about it.

To be very honest with you, I don't have high hopes on Marvel games lately and with what they did with the game Spiderman Miles Morales, especially in the gameplay, it was like a copy and paste which is a very common for most game companies now. 

I have always know that their issues with bugs in the game can never be eliminated whether it's on PS4 or PS5. They can't help it. 

I appreciate how they portrait new character, like we're not complaining like "oh man, Peter was better, I'm done with spider man" instead we're all already excited to understand miles Morales as a new Spiderman. Not to mention Spiderman into the verse played a big role in creating this hype for this new Spiderman.

It's a game I really want to play. I want to play the first game first, since I've yet to play it. With it being on PC I can actually make that a reality soon. Then I'll eventually try out the sequel. I just can't wait to fly around the city as spiderman. 

Great review by the way! 🙂

On 7/26/2022 at 11:37 AM, Heatman said:

To be very honest with you, I don't have high hopes on Marvel games lately and with what they did with the game Spiderman Miles Morales, especially in the gameplay, it was like a copy and paste which is a very common for most game companies now. 

I have always know that their issues with bugs in the game can never be eliminated whether it's on PS4 or PS5. They can't help it. 

It's a good shift since we've been used to Peter Parker as Spider-Man playing as a different character in the Spider-Man suit Gave it a whole different vibe in my opinion.

I did play it a few times and enjoyed it.

15 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's a good shift since we've been used to Peter Parker as Spider-Man playing as a different character in the Spider-Man suit Gave it a whole different vibe in my opinion.

I did play it a few times and enjoyed it.

I believe that they have given a lot of more attention to the development of the character of Spiderman in their Marvel movies than they have done with their game's of Spiderman in recent years. 

They have everything to get it right but it doesn't seem to be their priority at the moment. 

I can't wait for this one to drop on PC as well. The first Spider-Man game just dropped on PC so I'm really hoping they also release the Miles Morales version sometime. It'll probably take them like 2-3 years to do it, but I hope they do. 

12 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I can't wait for this one to drop on PC as well. The first Spider-Man game just dropped on PC so I'm really hoping they also release the Miles Morales version sometime. It'll probably take them like 2-3 years to do it, but I hope they do. 

If Insomniac Games put good effort in developing the game, there's a very good chance that they would have a decent game for the horse shit company in EA to publish. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in this one for now. 

39 minutes ago, Heatman said:

If Insomniac Games put good effort in developing the game, there's a very good chance that they would have a decent game for the horse shit company in EA to publish. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in this one for now. 

EA has nothing to do with Spider-Man, it's a Sony owned property. I hope to god EA never touches a Spider-Man game, because no thanks lol. I hate having to wait another 2-3 years though for this to possibly come out on PC. Anyway, hopefully the first spider-man game on PC will hold me over long enough until the newer game comes out. It seems Sony likes to do a 2-3 year window for their PC releases. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I believe that they have given a lot of more attention to the development of the character of Spiderman in their Marvel movies than they have done with their game's of Spiderman in recent years. 

They have everything to get it right but it doesn't seem to be their priority at the moment. 

I think that has been the case for a couple of video games made from a movie.

Spider-Man games has been a good series and a new character development was a the much needed stitch- in- time- to -save -nine.

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

EA has nothing to do with Spider-Man, it's a Sony owned property. I hope to god EA never touches a Spider-Man game, because no thanks lol. I hate having to wait another 2-3 years though for this to possibly come out on PC. Anyway, hopefully the first spider-man game on PC will hold me over long enough until the newer game comes out. It seems Sony likes to do a 2-3 year window for their PC releases. 

Silly me, you're right it's not EA but Sony. I had that mixed up. Thanks for spotting that out and good grief it's not going to be EA that's got anything to do with publishing the game otherwise we would be in for a long hard night screw over. As for when the game it's going to come up on PC, if it's a game that's worth it, the 2-3 wait is definitely worth it.