Register Now
Kane99

Do you think any Pro Wrestlers will join Rumbleverse?

Rumbleverse is a battle royale fighting game. In it you essentially beat up each other until a winner is decided, much like any battle royale game out there. The last person standing is the winner. Since it's a live service game like Fortnite and features wrestling as a theme in some regards, I could see pro wrestlers making the cut and being added as DLC. Do you think that could be a reality? I think if they can license characters like Fortnite does, it could work. I doubt we'd see AEW & WWE co-mingling, but you never know. 

I tried Rumbeverse myself and am not sure it's for me, but if it brings real pro wrestlers in the mix, I may try to learn it. 

I don't know anything about rumbleverse but are you implying that they should bring on WWE wrestlers to their list of fighters?

Is that not going to be  copywrite infringement since their acts and characters are already trademarked.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't know anything about rumbleverse but are you implying that they should bring on WWE wrestlers to their list of fighters?

Is that not going to be  copywrite infringement since their acts and characters are already trademarked.

Rumbleverse is pretty much a battle royale game, but with wrestling instead of guns and other weapons. You can pick up chairs and I imagine other weapons as well.

Well it would require them licensing those wrestlers, but it's possible. Fortnite just recently got John Cena, so there's always a possibility. 

I really doubt it. Don't get me wrong it sounds like a good idea but Save the World is objectively less profitable than Battle Royale so it doesn't get nearly as much dev focus. It's a miracle it hasn't been shut down

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

It's unlikely, they would need to have an agreement with the organizers of WWE pro wrestling, because the  character of the pro wrestler is already  copyrighted under WWE.

Well yeah. They would need to license any pro wrestlers they go after, much like how Fortnite does with their character skins, emotes and so on. It's not like they can just toss them into their game without first getting the right to do so. 

It's why Fortnite is such a success, because they get all of these characters, popular brands and more together into one game. It's like how Funko pops license pretty much every property under the sun. From Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Star Trek, sports, music stars, and more. 

With a game like Rumbleverse I can fully see where you would be able to bring in WWE Wrestlers into it and it would definitely be fun to see Pro Wrestlers come into the game. Of course, they would have to get rights from the companies such as WWE or even AEW, but I feel if they could come to some kind of arrangement, it would be great for both parties to bring them to the game. I myself have played Rumbleverse a few times and I will admit, with how the game is played, having wrestlers in the game would work amazingly.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:49 AM, Kane99 said:

Well yeah. They would need to license any pro wrestlers they go after, much like how Fortnite does with their character skins, emotes and so on. It's not like they can just toss them into their game without first getting the right to do so. 

It's why Fortnite is such a success, because they get all of these characters, popular brands and more together into one game. It's like how Funko pops license pretty much every property under the sun. From Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Star Trek, sports, music stars, and more. 

I was a Funko Pop collector at one point but I gave away all my Funko pops to my nephew because he absolutely loves them, I think at this point it is safe to say that they've got a Funko Pop for every superhero movie stars and action movie characters as well including some from horror Movies.

If rumbleverse could get license to bring pro-wrestling characters into their video games then they are most likely on the right part to a successful video game.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:41 PM, Shortie said:

With a game like Rumbleverse I can fully see where you would be able to bring in WWE Wrestlers into it and it would definitely be fun to see Pro Wrestlers come into the game. Of course, they would have to get rights from the companies such as WWE or even AEW, but I feel if they could come to some kind of arrangement, it would be great for both parties to bring them to the game. I myself have played Rumbleverse a few times and I will admit, with how the game is played, having wrestlers in the game would work amazingly.

Oh for sure. It all comes down to licensing and it's not like WWE and AEW haven't licensed out their stuff. They have video games, toys and collectibles from third party companies, so the idea that they could license their characters is a real possibility. John Cena has a skin in Fortnite, and he has a WWE title belt backbling, so they had to get WWE's go ahead for that. 

And yeah, the game is built around wrestling moves, and even has emotes and other things that are inspired by pro wrestling. I hope they work together with these wrestling companies, because I may actually jump back into playing it. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I was a Funko Pop collector at one point but I gave away all my Funko pops to my nephew because he absolutely loves them, I think at this point it is safe to say that they've got a Funko Pop for every superhero movie stars and action movie characters as well including some from horror Movies.

If rumbleverse could get license to bring pro-wrestling characters into their video games then they are most likely on the right part to a successful video game.

Exactly, they will license pretty much anything that's popular. Which is why it could be easy for Rumbleverse to work with these pro wrestling organizations to add more pro wrestling stuff, characters, etc. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Exactly, they will license pretty much anything that's popular. Which is why it could be easy for Rumbleverse to work with these pro wrestling organizations to add more pro wrestling stuff, characters, etc.

I Know WWE would be willing to give out licence to rumble verse to use their pro-wrestlers characters in their video game build for a good price.