Register Now
DC

Fail to grasp?

I can't speak for anyone else, but any kind of form is impossible. Even a job application. It's like someone pushed the stupify button on me. I simply can't do them. If for some reason I have to fill out something like that, @Rain Dew always has to help me. I think most people don't find as anything more than a hassle, but they're beyond my capabilities.

7 minutes ago, Grungie said:

Some people don’t understand being on time. I’m not gonna bitch at someone for being 5 mins late, but there’s always that one person that’s 20-30 mins late.

It's so disrespectful when someone does not respect your time. Whether it is a date, getting together with friends or family, or a business meeting.

I think we all have that one friend in the group who shows up to something 20-30 minutes late. I hosted a poker night last night and made it clear that the first hand would be dealt 10 minutes after the agreed upon start time. Sure enough, one guy was 30 minutes late and he had lost some chips due to the big blind / small blind. Oh well, not going to delay our fun.

I give dates 5 minutes and business meeting 10 minutes. I can't deal with individuals are late and do not at least give a reasonable excuse in advance.

2 minutes ago, DC said:

It's so disrespectful when someone does not respect your time. Whether it is a date, getting together with friends or family, or a business meeting.

I think we all have that one friend in the group who shows up to something 20-30 minutes late. I hosted a poker night last night and made it clear that the first hand would be dealt 10 minutes after the agreed upon start time. Sure enough, one guy was 30 minutes late and he had lost some chips due to the big blind / small blind. Oh well, not going to delay our fun.

I give dates 5 minutes and business meeting 10 minutes. I can't deal with individuals are late and do not at least give a reasonable excuse in advance.

It gets pretty annoying, I agree. I'm usually on time, but my ex-bestfriend would usually be 10-15 minutes late quite often.

That said, I didn't really complain much about his behavior (partly because there were other aspects of his behavior that were far more problematic), and I didn't really mind waiting while playing my phone or my Switch.

20-30 minutes is pretty egregious though, and if I have to wait that long, I'll probably head home by the 20th minute mark or just head to a local fastfood at wait for him there instead. I'm already not physically fit, so standing on one spot for 30 minutes is not my idea of a good time.

I think it's important to call out friends who behave like this, otherwise the bad behavior is only reinforced. I call it "an opportunity for corrective behavior". If there is no improvement, clearly the friend (individual) does not respect you and your time and it's time to move on from that friendship altogether. 

2 hours ago, DC said:

If someone is going to be egregiously late, at least send a courtesy text. Though usually the people I have an issue with are habitually late.

I knew a guy where if you told him an event starts at noon, he leaves his house at noon.

That the United Kingdom and Great Britain are different things. Great Britain is the Island of Wales, Scotland and England, while The United Kingdom is the sovereign state that consists of all the countries in Great Britain plus Northern Ireland. So United Kingdom is a political term and Great Britain is a Geographical term.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:37 PM, Grungie said:

Some people don’t understand being on time. I’m not gonna bitch at someone for being 5 mins late, but there’s always that one person that’s 20-30 mins late.

This - I mean, I'm the person that always shows up extremely early unless something happens especially when it's business. Some people just have no concept of time - showing up 2 hours later fgs!

On 10/15/2022 at 4:47 PM, DC said:

Totally agree - I'm early like 99.9% of the time with the 0.1% being something outside of my control. I also find it rude when people are going to show up close to an hour after the agreed time and just act like it's acceptable.

I've seen this with some people when I've gone on vacation in other countries - they see a bunch of wild animals and start hogging the animal's space and when the animal gives them a warning, they're like it attacked me. Like, no shit - what were you expecting? Most wild animals avoid humans unless absolutely necessary. As a general rule of law, I leave them alone unless they I can clearly see that the animal needs help or they come to me for help.