Register Now
The Blackangel

Nintendo SUED and LOST... So What Happened to Game Genie?

this made games easier, but it also could be used to give new challenge to games. there were codes that made every enemy on super mario bros throw hammers. there were also a lot of codes that just made things more interesting. Also you could hook up 2 of them to get 6 codes

I remember my sister renting a game genie from a video rental store in my hometown. I've never really used one myself. I've been wanting to buy one and add it to my collection, and try it out and see what fun stuff you can do with it. 

That part where he puts the cart in the game genie hurt me. Take care of it please! 😄

17 hours ago, Empire said:

this made games easier, but it also could be used to give new challenge to games. there were codes that made every enemy on super mario bros throw hammers. there were also a lot of codes that just made things more interesting. Also you could hook up 2 of them to get 6 codes

Interesting, I would think hooking up more than one would cause issues.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:27 PM, killamch89 said:

I have never heard of Game Genie to be honest but I'm glad that Nintendo sued and lose because it wasn't like they were copying Nintendo's properties. Instead they were just enhancing the gameplay.

Anyone could sue and though they lost I believe they were only trying to retain it uniqueness and Nintendo lovers wouldn't get what they could only possible find playing with the game genie elsewhere in the form of "enhanced gameplay".