Register Now
DC

Best thing you’ve ever got free

Hmmm - this is a tough one because I have gotten a lot of great things for free. I'd say the Kawasaki Superbike that my brother gave to me when he was migrating to the US when I was 16-17. Every Saturday, I used to put some gas in it and ride around at night going to parties etc. - those were the days.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:43 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'm always extremely suspicious of anything that comes free of charge. Nothing makes me more suspicious than an unsolicited compliment.

To be honest, it depends who that compliment is coming from...If it's from those close to you, they usually mean well but when strangers who I barely know do it, then I tend to be more suspicious.

On 12/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, The Blackangel said:

It doesn't matter who it is. I still look at them with suspicion. Even @Rain Dew gets that look. Until I was an adult I had never gotten a compliment. Not one that wasn't a lie and had ulterior motives. It's been that way my whole life.

It's perfectly understandable.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, Kyng said:

Probably Roller Coaster Tycoon, which I got for free on a trip to Camelot Theme Park in 2001.

Got me hooked for years.

My cousin used to love that game a lot...I loved the city tycoon where you could be the mayor of your own city and bring it great prosperity or burn it to the ground.

I am always very dubious when it comes to things like anything free unless it is something small like a free sample. You can never be too sure whether or not what you receive for free is genuine and that can land you in some hot water if things are not legit. 

I think the best thing I have ever received for free was a laptop once but it was from a friend I have known a long time and I knew it was legit and not something that had been stolen or anything.