Register Now
Smokey

Gex

Anyone remember this series? A TV & Movie addicted Gecko that spouted movie & TV references while he kicked butt? I loved this series growing up and I wish they'd bring Gex back as a mascot for the PS5. A new Gex game on PS5 would be amazing IMHO.

I honestly did not know that they did a game like this so it must have been one that I missed. It looks like the kind of game I would sit and play though as I have played many games similar in the past. I often sit and look at games that I missed when I was younger and sometimes wish I could go back and play them after missing out. This definitely seems like one of those games for sure! 

9 hours ago, Shortie said:

I honestly did not know that they did a game like this so it must have been one that I missed. It looks like the kind of game I would sit and play though as I have played many games similar in the past. I often sit and look at games that I missed when I was younger and sometimes wish I could go back and play them after missing out. This definitely seems like one of those games for sure! 

Yeah I'm surprised you missed this series. It was a blast! One of my favorites growing up. The references were hilarious. Although at the time I didn't understand a lot of them, as you get older and go back to a game like this, you appreciate them more and realize just how funny a game like this was. 😛 Way ahead of it's time for sure. 

my fondest childhood memory, i've been finally able to play it on a ps2 ive gotten this month via popstarter. i remember looking at the vampire gex picture in the hub and actually turning into a vampire back then, i was so spooked. love the game

I've played Gex 2 maybe, but it wasn't for too long. I think it was the PS1 version, but I also remember playing a version of Gex for the N64. I never got too into the series. I was more into Crash Bandicoot or Soni to get into Gex. 

I loved Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko! Gex: Enter the Gecko was pretty cool too. I remember one of my childhood friends had a copy of the sequel, and it gave me nightmares as a kid. :V I was afraid of the enemies that stab Gex in the horror level. I could never 100% complete Gex 3 though. I hated the Mythology Network level and typically will skip it whenever I play the game. The first game was okay but I think Gex did better as a 3D platformer than a 2D side scroller. There's no way a new Gex game would fly in this day and age which sucks since I loved the franchise.