Register Now
Shortie

Gameboy Camera

Does anyone here remember the Gameboy camera? It was a camera that allowed you to take selfies that would be somewhat pixelated after you took them but it was something everyone who had a Gameboy wanted back when they were first released.

I remember myself hearing about the Gameboy camera but we never got one when they were released or at all. I remember having a few friends that had one so I was able to try it and I found it quite cool.

Did you ever have a Gameboy camera?

26 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Yep. I had one, but thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever. I also had the printer to print out pictures. The Nerd has an interesting take on Game Boy accessories. Some are beyond insane, others were just kinda neat.

How can you not love AVGN. But yeah, some weird shit was made for Game Boy.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Oddly enough, I do remember it but vaguely...I think it was mainly available in Japan if I'm not mistaken. Will go down as one of the many weird accessories that Nintendo comes up with.

I see then for sale all the time around here. There's a store here that sells gaming stuff almost exclusively. There's another store in the mall that sells movies, music, comics, and games. The Game Boy accessories were often weird as hell, rarely useful, while others were downright stupid. I also had the Light Boy. It was worthless. The light was so damn dim that it actually made the games harder than was necessary.

One thing that just makes me sick is that jackass Logan Paul (might have been his dumbass brother). He took dozens of Game Boy's and had them made into a table. He even included some rare ones that only a few were made. I'll look for the video and post it.

Edited by The Blackangel

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I see then for sale all the time around here. There's a store here that sells gaming stuff almost exclusively. There's another store in the mall that sells movies, music, comics, and games. The Game Boy accessories were often weird as hell, rarely useful, while others were downright stupid. I also had the Light Boy. It was worthless. The light was so damn dim that it actually made the games harder than was necessary.

I remember reading somewhere that the camera was used for another purpose in Japan but I just can't remember exactly what. The camera accessory for a Gameboy at that time was definitely on the bizarre side because you couldn't do much with those pixelated pictures.