Register Now
aerodynamik

Gaming hardware and accessories

If you're looking for a "Pro" style controller and you have an xbox one or Series console then I'd recommend the Elite series 2. Perhaps with an extended warranty. I have this and i love it, It's my daily controller and works well for the most part. The extended warranty is just in case one of the paddles or buttons breaks. 

Monitor arms make a huge difference and under desk headphone hook is a nice quality of life addition. That's what I like get soon anyway another new stand. You don’t necessarily have to spend a fortune on arms. If you thought you were going to move them around a lot then by expensive ones that adjust easily. But reality is, once they’re set you won’t likely move them again.

On 1/7/2023 at 6:24 AM, Empire said:

Monitor arms make a huge difference and under desk headphone hook is a nice quality of life addition. That's what I like get soon anyway another new stand. You don’t necessarily have to spend a fortune on arms. If you thought you were going to move them around a lot then by expensive ones that adjust easily. But reality is, once they’re set you won’t likely move them again.

A Charging station is also recommended for both your wireless controllers and your other devices.

Very much so a charging station for sure. I have a charging dock myself that I got with my controller a few months ago and if I am honest, it was the best thing I got as I haven't had any issues with my battery dying on me as I always keep it on the dock when I am not using it. Also, thumb grips as well are something else I would recommend. I have been using my thumb grips now since around May 2020 and now when I use a controller without thumb grips, I find it so uncomfortable and can never understand how I used to play without. 

Depends on what your gaming preferences are. I think if you have a gaming PC, a good mouse and keyboard is a must. I use a HyperX keyboard. Not one of their expensive ones, was just like $40 or so. I forget. And I had a better mouse, but am currently using an Amazon Basics mouse. Nothing special. Probably not good for gaming. Which is why I use a gamepad. The gamepad I currently use is the Power A Fusion controller. I got it originally for Xbox, but it works for the PC as well, and aside from the analog sticks falling apart, it's a decent controller. Lasted me longer than most Xbox 360/One controllers have.

Also if you're looking for a cheap budget mic for streaming maybe, I have a FIFINE Studio Condenser USB Mic, that came with an arm and everything, only spent $80 I think at the time, but it's currently going for $49.99 on Amazon right now. Works great in discord, but you may need to fiddle with audio settings in OBS or whatever streaming program you're using. 

Edited by Kane99

On 1/20/2023 at 4:36 PM, Kane99 said:

Depends on what your gaming preferences are. I think if you have a gaming PC, a good mouse and keyboard is a must. I use a HyperX keyboard. Not one of their expensive ones, was just like $40 or so. I forget. And I had a better mouse, but am currently using an Amazon Basics mouse. Nothing special. Probably not good for gaming. Which is why I use a gamepad. The gamepad I currently use is the Power A Fusion controller. I got it originally for Xbox, but it works for the PC as well, and aside from the analog sticks falling apart, it's a decent controller. Lasted me longer than most Xbox 360/One controllers have.

Also if you're looking for a cheap budget mic for streaming maybe, I have a FIFINE Studio Condenser USB Mic, that came with an arm and everything, only spent $80 I think at the time, but it's currently going for $49.99 on Amazon right now. Works great in discord, but you may need to fiddle with audio settings in OBS or whatever streaming program you're using. 

I personally use a Blue Yeti but it's so sensitive as it picks up every little disturbance in the room.