Register Now
Shortie

Have you ever had an accident whilst playing VR?

If there is one thing I see a lot of on say TikTok and even YouTube is how many people who have had an accident of some sort when using VR, whether it be punching someone by accident, falling over or even falling into something and breaking it, there have been many accidents involving VR over the years and I feel that will be something that happens for a long time to come. 

Have you yourself ever had an accident when playing VR or do you know someone who has? What kind of accident was it and how bad was it?

I don't think so far I have heard much about people needing to go to the hospital for accidents but I guess it could be possible depending on the accident.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:40 PM, Kane99 said:

I have yet to have an accident while playing in VR. I almost hit stuff with my hands a few times but it's usually a bump and I'm good. I'm very cautious when it comes playing in VR, because I don't want to damage my nephews headset. 

That is understandable. I have seen videos of little bumps and knocks but then I have seen ones of people full force hitting someone, falling over, whacking into the TV and all kinds. VR is great as long as you remember that you have different surroundings away from the game you are playing and seeing. Plenty of space as well!

I remember playing Ace Combat and forgetting that I was standing and ended up falling backwards, but that was the only accident that I had. Thankfully, no broken TVs like a bunch of my friends did in the days of the Wii.

23 hours ago, Syntax said:

I remember playing Ace Combat and forgetting that I was standing and ended up falling backwards, but that was the only accident that I had. Thankfully, no broken TVs like a bunch of my friends did in the days of the Wii.

Ace Combat VR sounds like it'd be a joy to play. I never thought I'd play resident evil 4 in Vr as I was never a big fan of the original game via controller. But something about playing it in VR works so well and I want to keep playing. 

I can see myself really enjoying something like Ace Combat in VR.