Register Now
Shortie

If you could make any movie a video game, what would it be?

We have seen many movies over the years be turned into video games from Goldeneye to Ghostbusters and even Home Alone and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker which are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head. As much as we have had movies turned into video games, we also have movies that could have been video games but never were made into video games.

If you could make any movie a video game, what movie would you choose?

Most zombies movies I feel could fit a movie, I mean we already have a slew of zombie movies. 

Aside from that, maybe a game of Goodfellas. Maybe you can play as a small time gangster working on the outside of what happens in the movie. 

Would love to see a beatemup that is based on the Raid movies. I could see that working so well. 

When you mention zombie movies I thought of The Walking Dead. Obviously we do have some Walking Dead games that are more multi choice and going through the game and even though The Walking Dead isn't a movie. I would love to see a The Walking Dead game where you have to survive much like they do in the show, that would be awesome to play through I feel. 

I always thought Metal Gear Solid would make a really good movie if done right. The dialogue would be a little hard to pull off, and the boss battle style scenes would need to be re-worked. The game has enough twists in it to make it really interesting though. Snake is a cool hero type character, Otacon good comedic relief, and the FoxHound members make great morally grey villains.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:41 AM, Empire said:

I always thought Metal Gear Solid would make a really good movie if done right. The dialogue would be a little hard to pull off, and the boss battle style scenes would need to be re-worked. The game has enough twists in it to make it really interesting though. Snake is a cool hero type character, Otacon good comedic relief, and the FoxHound members make great morally grey villains.

You kinda got it mixed. This topic is for movies you'd like to see made into video games. But Metal Gear Solid is a movie I've wanted to see made for a very long time now. But I won't accept a Metal gear movie until Kojima is allowed to be involved. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Hmmm...This is a tough one - Are we talking something that'd be successful? It we're talking something that'd likely succeed, I'd say something like Saw 2 or the Saw series.

There's actually two Saw games already, came out on the 360 and PS3 I believe. They were not good by any means, the first one at least was okay from what I hear, but the sequel is worse I guess. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:18 PM, Kane99 said:

There's actually two Saw games already, came out on the 360 and PS3 I believe. They were not good by any means, the first one at least was okay from what I hear, but the sequel is worse I guess. 

I wasn't aware of them and most of the other movies I can think of already have games based on them.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:18 PM, Kane99 said:

You kinda got it mixed. This topic is for movies you'd like to see made into video games. But Metal Gear Solid is a movie I've wanted to see made for a very long time now. But I won't accept a Metal gear movie until Kojima is allowed to be involved. 

I remember one Saw game and that was the first one, I remember playing that one and as much as I did enjoy playing it, it wasn't what I expected from a Saw game. I didn't know they made a sequel though which usually if the game is really good, you have usually heard about it. 

I'd probably say Ender, since it has the pros of being a human that you would control, with also PvP aspects (mini games in the movie), along with a really good story and space aspects (flying in space, different worlds/planets), etc. 

I just got the idea of seeing a mix of mini-games based on numerous Stephen King movies. Say if a game was based around Pet Sematary, it'd be one where you have to hide from Gage or Ellie if you're wanting to make a game based on the remake. For IT, you could play as one of the kids and explore a sewage system to defeat Pennywise. There's many other Stephen King films that can be added to the mix as well.