Register Now
DC

Netflix Games adds 40 more titles

In 2023, subscribers to Netflix will be able to access 40 additional free games through Netflix Games. The games service is not popular yet, but Netflix is continuing to expand it, and even is producing 16 games itself. Do you use Netflix Games?

Source: https://www.xfire.com/netflix-games-40-ubisoft-free-for-subscribers-2023/

Netflix really missed the mark with this service by offering only mobile games are usually free-to-play anyway. It's not like these mobile games are the, quote on qqote, "good" ones, the standard is the same, so what exactly is the point. Netflix games don't include the microtransactions thier counterparts on the Play Store or Apple Store have, but because the timers, paywalls, grind and pay-to-win elements are so integral in these games, the games on Netflix often have those frustration elements remain without any way buy past them. The right thing to do would have been to re-design these games to work without those elements, but the just remove the payments and left the games as is. There's terrible.

First two are pretty fun, not mind-blowing cinema but definitely exciting arena action films with unique world-building. Third film feels like a waste of time. Fourth has a decent first half where it kinda gets back into the arena-style action and then has a floppy ending. Say what you want, Jennifer Lawrence is a captivating action heroine in these movies even if the writing was often hammy. Also, Woody Harrelson and Elizabeth Banks are quite fun in this.

I was excited to see the release of their games side of Netflix but knowing it is mobile games it left me a bit disappointed and hasn't made me want to jump into getting a Netflix subscription any time soon. 

On 4/5/2023 at 7:35 AM, Shortie said:

I was excited to see the release of their games side of Netflix but knowing it is mobile games it left me a bit disappointed and hasn't made me want to jump into getting a Netflix subscription any time soon. 

Netflix getting into mobile gaming spells a recipe for disaster as Mobile games tend to be viewed negatively by most other types of gamers.

Prior to reading this topic, I never actually had the understanding that Netflix offers games. I remember playing one with Netflix, called Bear Grylls Survival. I am unsure whether that series game is still on the streaming service but definitely going to take a dive into the titles they have most recently added. Thank you for sharing this. 

I forgot that Netflix offers games until I read this thread. I never bothered to see if any of the games they offered are worth it though, but since it's often not talked about I'm sure the service isn't that great. Plus since they only offer mobile games, it's no wonder why no one seems to really use it. xD