Register Now
Bizdustry

Screen Size for Video Gaming

Choosing the perfect TV size for gaming depends on a few important factors, including what you personally prefer, how far away you like to sit from the screen, and the amount of space you have available. My television is 47 inch, which is the largest that space allows. What's the minimum size required for video gaming, or is there no set minimum size to be able to play video games?

At the moment for my laptop I have a 15 inch monitor which is perfect for me and for my gaming such as my console, I have a 32 inch TV which I use for my Xbox One X and in some cases I may also use it as a second monitor which I have done a few times. 

After getting larger TV's I've realized I really prefer gaming on a smaller screen so I can see things quicker in FPS situations. When it is more of a storyline though the bigger screen can work as well. I play mostly on a computer monitor these days, but I enjoyed gaming on my 42" TV when I had that. When I got a larger TV I began to struggle a bit for my FPS games. 

Depends entirely on your distance from the screen. My PC monitors are only 24", but since I sit quite close to them, I personally think it's fine. The main TV in the living room is 55", which also used to be fine, but since my wife and I moved into a new house a few months ago, I find that the couch is now a little too far away from the TV for the 55" to be large enough. I struggled playing Starfield on it because I had a hard time reading pretty much any text. I will definitely be looking to upgrade to a 65" in the near future. 

Depending on distance sat from the monitor or TV. Anything higher than 50 is overkill. I would say if you're right in front of a TV or not far from it, 43" and below would be fine depending on your setup.  I have a 43" UHD 4K TV and it's right in front of me from where i sit at my desk and it seems to be just fine.