Register Now
Debashis

What features would you like to see in the next generation of gaming consoles ?

This is a tough one as we have already seen so much in the latest consoles and I know over time it will only get better. I would imagine the graphics will be something that will blow us away in years to come when we see the next generation console.

I would personally love to see an Xbox Handheld but I do not believe we will ever see that, instead I believe they may at some point work with Nintendo and put Game Pass on there for a handheld. 

38 minutes ago, Kennysplash said:

Perhaps if they can be connected to human brains and carry out the moves we think? Kidding. 
They can be made water proof. I am sweaty, and most times my consoles get damaged due to my sweat being pressed inside. Once it was even damaged by literal water. 😁

I know that I will probably regret asking this question, but how do you damage a console with your own sweat?

On 12/24/2023 at 8:34 AM, Shagger said:

I know that I will probably regret asking this question, but how do you damage a console with your own sweat?

I have really sweaty palms, it even drips when they’re folded. Usually it’s the X button on the controller that stops working, since I press it the most.

I now have a towel handy when I play though. 

On 12/24/2023 at 8:34 AM, Shagger said:

From reading his comment, he's probably talking about his controllers but instead he used console (It can be an honest mistake anyways). 

On topic, I would have asked for improvement in the voice commands feature but it have recently been done on PS5 with introducing a new Preview version. With this, I don't have any new ideas of what I want in the next gen console. 

I just want to see them keep physical media alive.  I know that's asking far too much for today's generations, but the collector in me hates that we're going to lose physical games very soon.  I know most of them are essentially just serving as keys to download the rest of the game, but there's something about owning a physical copy of a game that makes it feel more certain.  I own this, it's mine, it's right here.  Digital games can be gone in the blink of an eye.  It's entirely improbable that physical media continues for another generation, but it's the one thing I hope for.

7 hours ago, PGen98 said:

I just want to see them keep physical media alive.  I know that's asking far too much for today's generations, but the collector in me hates that we're going to lose physical games very soon.  

Unfortunately, this isn't even going to be around for a long time because with the way digital games is going, it feels sad for collectors. Also, it's part of what's making collection very expensive. 

Some form of non-disc physical media. I imagine something like an SD card the size of a credit card, but made with more advanced technology, or those crystal coins that are being used to archive data now. I want physical media to stay alive, but I also think it needs to evolve beyond the limitations of the disc format.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:17 PM, PGen98 said:

I just want to see them keep physical media alive.  I know that's asking far too much for today's generations, but the collector in me hates that we're going to lose physical games very soon.  I know most of them are essentially just serving as keys to download the rest of the game, but there's something about owning a physical copy of a game that makes it feel more certain.  I own this, it's mine, it's right here.  Digital games can be gone in the blink of an eye.  It's entirely improbable that physical media continues for another generation, but it's the one thing I hope for.

I totally agree with you here - Everything is going digital and companies can at any moment end a game and you'll no longer have access to it because the servers have been shut down.