Register Now
Kane99

Which PlayStation console is your favorite based on design?

Out of each PlayStation console, what do you consider to be the best based on design and looks? I think the PS1 has a lot of character, plus I think it's part nostalgia. I think the PS2 looked lazy on the other hand. Just this sharp, black box with a DVD drive. It still like the design, just looked lazy to me. 

The early PS3 wasn't that appealing to me, I think I preferred the later models that came out with the newer font. The PS4 I thought looked decent enough, but the PS5 can never not look like a giant modem or WiFi router. 

Anyway, out of all the PlayStation console, which one looks the best to you?

I always liked the design of the PS2. Maybe it's because I missed the entire PS2 era, but I just liked the design. The PS3 just looks like shit. Like all they cared about at the time was getting a console on the shelves. The PS4 was kinda slick, but nothing special. I do really like the design of the PS5. I think it looks amazing. Not to mention that it has the most comfortable controller in all of gaming. In my opinion at least. With the PS1, it wasn't anything super special. Sony was kinda using it as a test to see how gamers would feel about them entering into the video game market. And holy shit did gamers love it! If you want my honest opinion, since the PS1 was released, the PlayStation fanbase has grown exponentially, and I honestly think there's a highly likely chance that they have surpassed Nintendo. Xbox, while one of the Big 3, isn't really holding its own. Everything that I have read, isn't giving the Series X/S good reviews.

Why do I keep doing this? Why do I always get off topic?

Definitely the limited-edition PS4 Pro that was made to commemorate the console selling over 500 million units. That shiny, transparent blue shell with bronze logos looks so slick. It looks like a gigantic sapphire. I still dream of adding one to my collection some day.

On 2/28/2024 at 11:11 AM, HowHammerYou said:

Definitely the limited-edition PS4 Pro that was made to commemorate the console selling over 500 million units. That shiny, transparent blue shell with bronze logos looks so slick. It looks like a gigantic sapphire. I still dream of adding one to my collection some day.

I didn't know about this at all, so I had to look it up. DAMN THAT THING IS SLICK! I found several on eBay for a lot less than I was expecting to be honest. I have a lot of bills this month that I have to take care of, or I would pick one up.

I don’t like any of the PlayStation designs. The ps5 is the worst design out of them all. It’s a big clunk, not knowing whether to stand or lay it. Standing it, really? That’s an accident waiting to happen. I love the quality in ps5 gaming, but the new design is straight ignorance. Stop fucking with us, my message to Sony. 

My favorite Playstation design is a tie between the fat PS2 and fat PS3. My least favorite is definitely the PS5, reminds me of a router lol. Plus I like having all black consoles myself, but thankfully the side plates can be removed and you can get black ones. (Though funny enough I own two silver slim PS2 models...) I also don't really care for the PS3 super slim.

13 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I haven’t looked that closely. I put a towel over it to keep the dust off when I’m done. 😆

Why would you make such an effort to maintain the cleanliness of something you think looks so bad in first place?