Register Now
StaceyPowers

Favorite Skyrim Followers?

Who are your preferred followers in Skyrim? I love the dogs (Meeko and Vigilance, and I tolerate Barbas). Out of the humanoid companions, my favorite is Mjoll. Even though I've heard her ramblings a thousand times now, she still feels more "real" to me than a lot of the others since she has more to say/more backstory.

Weirdly enough, I’ve played Skyrim for hundreds and hundreds of hours and have never come across a follower (as far as I can remember). Seriously, installing Skyrim atm and will try and find those dogs. I do remember the fan from Oblivion. He was annoying af. Haha.

I forget her name, but I always liked the priestess who gives you the Azura's star mission, if you do the mission her way she can become a follower and she is a very powerful mage.  Mage companions always complimented me well as I was usually a brawler type. 

I have many favourites and this will be one of the toughest choices to decide on. My most favoured follower is Jenassa as she is very strong and powerful and if your struggling she will be able to take down any enemy without requiring assistance. Does anyone here have a list of where the followers can be found along with how many there are in the game?

On 1/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

I have many favourites and this will be one of the toughest choices to decide on. My most favoured follower is Jenassa as she is very strong and powerful and if your struggling she will be able to take down any enemy without requiring assistance. Does anyone here have a list of where the followers can be found along with how many there are in the game?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Follower_(Skyrim) 

Here is a link to the wikipedia page of all the Skyrim Followers in-game.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:34 AM, Joant73 said:

I forget her name, but I always liked the priestess who gives you the Azura's star mission, if you do the mission her way she can become a follower and she is a very powerful mage.  Mage companions always complimented me well as I was usually a brawler type. 

Aranea! She's another of my faves. Like you said, powerful--and I also felt sorry for her being essentially daedra-dumped by Azura with nothing to do. I like bringing her along.

18 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Aranea! She's another of my faves. Like you said, powerful--and I also felt sorry for her being essentially daedra-dumped by Azura with nothing to do. I like bringing her along.

Me too as I usually love to have an all-mage team with me. 

8 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@LadyDay Reviving this thread to ask who your favorite followers are in Skyrim 🙂

You're nice, thanks for asking 🙂 I've only had 4 followers so far, Faendal, Sven (I played it to level 15 earlier, then started over. Had Sven until I got Lydia then), Lydia and Vilkas (from the companions). Of these I like Vilkas the most. Probably because he gives me the best sense of knowing what he's doing. I've just unlocked daedric smithing, so I'm running around in a set of legendary Daedric Armor (and matching greatsword), him in legendary ebony armor, so we're pretty badass. At least considering I'm only level 27 so far. I've also considered taking J'zargo up on his offer and trying him out. It could be useful to have a mage follower. I'm just worried he'd be too low level compared to myself and Vilkas, now that I've played with Vilkas for a good while? But of course I could always switch back if it didn't work out. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that I can marry Vilkas, I would like him as a partner that way too 😄 

6 hours ago, LadyDay said:

You're nice, thanks for asking 🙂 I've only had 4 followers so far, Faendal, Sven (I played it to level 15 earlier, then started over. Had Sven until I got Lydia then), Lydia and Vilkas (from the companions). Of these I like Vilkas the most. Probably because he gives me the best sense of knowing what he's doing. I've just unlocked daedric smithing, so I'm running around in a set of legendary Daedric Armor (and matching greatsword), him in legendary ebony armor, so we're pretty badass. At least considering I'm only level 27 so far. I've also considered taking J'zargo up on his offer and trying him out. It could be useful to have a mage follower. I'm just worried he'd be too low level compared to myself and Vilkas, now that I've played with Vilkas for a good while? But of course I could always switch back if it didn't work out. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that I can marry Vilkas, I would like him as a partner that way too 😄 

I found J'Zargo pretty fun since I was playing a Khajiit mage and it was very fitting. His comments can be amusing. 🙂

3 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

I found J'Zargo pretty fun since I was playing a Khajiit mage and it was very fitting. His comments can be amusing. 🙂

Do you know if he's a skilled mage, f.ex. compared to above mentioned Aranea?