Register Now
DylanC

Sony is skipping E3 2019

Wow that is surprising.  But I suppose it makes sense.  As the article points out all the big games they would be talking about have already been showcased, so it does seem like they are gearing up for a big announcement (probably the PS5 and launch titles), and they likely will not quite be ready to announce that at E3 next year, so instead of giving basically a repeat of last years show case they will sit it out and do their own big announcement later in the year.  

Sony skipping E3 2019 is not something I expected to read and is very much a shock. The question to be asked though is, did they do it because they really have nothing to show at E3 or are they going to be waiting a year and have something under their sleeve for 2020? It does make you wonder. I will admit though, this past year Xbox really did kill it at E3 and was definitely a huge winner for 2018 so I guess it would make sense for Sony to pull out and give themselves a year to try and pull back. PS5 launch definitely does seem like a likely reason for skipping 2019, let's just hope they fix their issues with hacking that they are having with the PS4 before they make a move to a new console.

I was kind of excited about this announcement hahahha Secretly, I can say that I dislike Sony's politics and they deserve some tough love from their fans. I can appreciate the amazing exclusives but, other than that, Sony has done nothing to provide better services to fans. Let's hope they get some hate and get their minds straight before they annnounce their next steps.

21 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I am just as shocked as everyone else. Sony has always had a huge presence at E3 and them skipping it is kind of confusing, but perhaps they will still do their own thing ala Nintendo Direct to still announce some stuff?

Yep, I'm assuming they'll do that. If I was betting man, I'd wager that Sony'll announce the PS5 at their PSX show next year. Makes sense, right?

Just now, DylanC said:

Yep, I'm assuming they'll do that. If I was betting man, I'd wager that Sony'll announce the PS5 at their PSX show next year. Makes sense, right?

I dunno, is it just me or does the PS4 still feel like it's really new? It kinda feels too soon for me given the PS4 is still selling like hotcakes.

5 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I dunno, is it just me or does the PS4 still feel like it's really new? It kinda feels too soon for me given the PS4 is still selling like hotcakes.

I'm with you. PS4 only recently had its 5 year anniversary (like, a month or two ago?). That said, rumors are rife that PS5 games are indeed in development, which means the spec of the next PS is beginning to be finalised. Even if Sony announce the PS5 next year (PSX is usually December), then we won't actually see it release till late 2020 in theory. 

Edited by DylanC

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

This is a very surprising development. I knew they announced some titles in the last couple weeks but to miss E3 - a convention they have always been at is puzzling to me. They probably have something extremely big planned.

By the way, before you talk about E3 losing relevancy, Nintendo and Microsoft have both mentioned that they still think that it's important. Not to mention the PC Gaming Show in there has basically begun to kill it as of late.

2 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

By the way, before you talk about E3 losing relevancy, Nintendo and Microsoft have both mentioned that they still think that it's important. Not to mention the PC Gaming Show in there has basically begun to kill it as of late.

I do believe E3 is still relevant - I'm simply puzzled why Sony isn't going to be there. I went to E3 in 2013 and it is absolutely crazy - video games and food for days.