Register Now
StaceyPowers

Puzzles in Video Games

I will mostly try to solve game puzzles without use of a guide on my first playthrough, although if I get stuck for a significant amount of time or I'm not particularly enjoying the game, I'll take the easy way out simply to progress..

I loved working out the DDK puzzles in the original Dino Crisis (PS1) game, and had a great sense of achievement in doing so.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:09 PM, Oblivion Knight said:

I will mostly try to solve game puzzles without use of a guide on my first playthrough, although if I get stuck for a significant amount of time or I'm not particularly enjoying the game, I'll take the easy way out simply to progress..

I loved working out the DDK puzzles in the original Dino Crisis (PS1) game, and had a great sense of achievement in doing so.

You just must be very good at solving them puzzles for you to go at it without using a guide at your first playthrough, if it's me, I wouldn't make any progress. 

On 10/28/2021 at 6:51 AM, Boblee said:

You just must be very good at solving them puzzles for you to go at it without using a guide at your first playthrough, if it's me, I wouldn't make any progress. 

Some gamers are that good when it comes to puzzle games. I have seen one that plays like he's the one that had the puzzles set up. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some gamers are that good when it comes to puzzle games. I have seen one that plays like he's the one that had the puzzles set up. 

I think it's something that most people who are good at maths can do very easily because they can figure all the calculations needed to solve it. 

I actually love puzzles if they are well designed, it's just that usually they are not. 'Find the stupidly small switch hidden in some obscure corner of the level to open a hidden door in some other obscure corner". Or your brain is simply too small to solve them and you just want to mindlessly walk around the game while nothing poses a challenge like you're playing some stupid mobile game.

17 hours ago, Empire said:

I actually love puzzles if they are well designed, it's just that usually they are not. 'Find the stupidly small switch hidden in some obscure corner of the level to open a hidden door in some other obscure corner". Or your brain is simply too small to solve them and you just want to mindlessly walk around the game while nothing poses a challenge like you're playing some stupid mobile game.

Puzzles are just too tiring for me. I have reached to a point where it wouldn't bother me that much and just drop the game and look for something better to do.