Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best FPS Game of All Time?

It has to be James Bond Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64 because it was ridiculously fun to play(downright addictive at times.) and many FPS games that came after took it's core gameplay mechanics and incorporated it into their games. The single player story was amazing and the multiplayer...I don't even know where to begin.

For me it's definitely Call of Duty Black Ops 2. 

I have so many hours invested in its online multiplayer portion. The new version of Nuketown was crazy when they made it live 24/7 or when they increased the player number in a lobby. The only horrible experience I've had was from hackers. I didn't mind if they hacked the lobby to make the player slots larger, but when they made themselves invincible or gave themselves aimbot, then we had a problem.  

It has to be Battlefield 4 for me. It's the game that I had the most fun with and so did my friends. I really hope that they do something similar for the next Battlefield game because honestly, Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 has been extremely disappointing so far. I spent so much time on that game and the fact that the massive skyscraper on one of the maps could be destroyed during the big games was just amazing.

Duke Nukem 3D gets my vote. Considering what it did for the genre and just how playable it still is, I think it's an awesome FPS. I mainly just love how explosive and interactive the world feels. It took what Doom did and just made everything a ton more fun.

I think DOOM the 2000ish version was one of the best FPS of that time. I think after that it'd be most of the FPS were rushed and often not detailed. If you check the progress of the DOOM from the start, they paid attention to small details. So it was definitely interesting on that front. I think even games like call of duty were good and recently far cry turned out to be the same.