Register Now
mont86

xbox 1 500 gb vs xbox 1 1tb

I'm not sure you'd notice a difference when you're actually playing the game. It will just depend on how many games you want to install. 

I primarily game on PC, so I got the smaller sized Xbox because I wouldn't have as many games on it. I bought this Xbox as soon as it was available without the Kinect and I still have 1/4 of the space left. 

5 hours ago, mont86 said:

Would I notice a difference in gaming or not ?

Wish I had bought bigger when I got the 550 gb last month..

1 hour ago, Cleopatra92 said:

I'm not sure you'd notice a difference when you're actually playing the game. It will just depend on how many games you want to install. 

I primarily game on PC, so I got the smaller sized Xbox because I wouldn't have as many games on it. I bought this Xbox as soon as it was available without the Kinect and I still have 1/4 of the space left. 

No. No you wouldn't.

Storage space doesn't influence anything in the game except maybe load times (Because installing digital games in the storage can lead to shorter load times). However, it will influence how many games you can keep in your console without having any space issues. If you have many games and primarily buy digital games, I recommend the 1TB unit.

2 hours ago, mont86 said:

Thanks I appreciate it.

You can't take back time. My recommendation to you is that you limit the amount of digital copies of video games you have installed and alternatively purchase physical games as the data is stored on the disk, not on the console. Storage doesn't influence processing speeds of the game. Happy Gaming!  What video games have you got so far and how long have you had the console? Are there any other problems with your purchase that you'd like to discuss and I'll do my best to help you. 

You definitely wouldn't notice a difference in terms of what the games would look like or how they would run but you would notice a difference in how fast things do run on the Xbox with a smaller hard drive compared to a bigger one. The only other difference you would have is how much you can have installed at any one time. With a smaller hard drive, you would only be able to get a few games installed so you would have to pick and choose what games you would want installed but with a bigger hard drive you would be able to install more and possibly not have to keep installing and reinstalling which can end up being a pain. I would definitely always advise on paying that little more and getting the Xbox with more storage just because games nowadays tend to be a lot bigger than they ever used to be and you will be surprised at how very little you can have on a 500gb Xbox over a 1TB