Register Now
Heatman

Does gaming affects one's behavior?

On 2/9/2019 at 2:20 PM, Anachiwo said:

This is absolutely true. Kids are the most vulnerable ones to gaming effects because they are too innocent to understand the difference between fiction and real life. They assume such gaming characters are even real somewhere in the world and they believe in them. This impacts on their psychological behavior in a very big way. 

When I was a child, I was not allowed to play video games. But when father bought a PC he could not stop me from playing games because there were a coup,e of inbuilt games. It is difficult to stop kids from playing games, however, there should be some sort of parental control. 

1 hour ago, egghead said:

When I was a child, I was not allowed to play video games. But when father bought a PC he could not stop me from playing games because there were a coup,e of inbuilt games. It is difficult to stop kids from playing games, however, there should be some sort of parental control. 

My personal temper and impatience was affected by the parents, who were always busy and angry at me for no damn reason. I can't believe I'm saying it to the strangers, but I didn't receive any love from them. Both of them are alive, but now that I live separately they don't even remember me. I can hardly blame the gaming.

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes gaming does have an impact on the peoples mind. People who play gaming tend to have aggression and also mellow tantrums from time to time. Most of the new age generation was brainwashed through gaming and anime community. And from there onwards the community turned out their social justice views on the politicians, that's how last 5 years it changed the world. 

I just remembered one movie which I watched back then as a kid called Street Fighter, there was a part of the movie that was based on feeding ones mind with violent images and movies to turn their personality into a violent one and it worked. 

in my opinion, it depends on how much time a person spends within a game, and what experiences does he/she partake in.

If you play a tense FPS for 10hours where all you hear/read is people flaming on one another, that may definitely have some negative feedback to your real life, but if you play, let's say MMORPG where you raid with your guild members, who are like a family, that may as well enhance your mood for real-life events. 

I think It all depends on the chosen environment and a personal mindset. But the question if games do impact behaviour, they certainly do, they are a part of life, and any part of life can form a person, both positively as well as negatively.

Cheers!

I think most of the violent games have very negative impact on our mind. And it can pretty much affect the way things go on mind. You can see that we have to consider how fragile is the mindset of such kids. Most of the kids get affected with the things they see on TV and the other places. That way they are going to be affected with the video games too. 

On 2/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, Bravosi said:

My personal temper and impatience was affected by the parents, who were always busy and angry at me for no damn reason. I can't believe I'm saying it to the strangers, but I didn't receive any love from them. Both of them are alive, but now that I live separately they don't even remember me. I can hardly blame the gaming.

I am really sorry to hear about your childhood experiences. As an adult, now I think I was fortunate to have loving and caring parents. However, when I was a kid, I did not like the restrictions they put on me. I always thought they were gaging me.

On 2/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, Anachiwo said:

Too much gaming have so many side effects and not just a negative impact on one's behavior. It also have a physical effect on the eyes and one's general health. I have seen so many gamers complain about eye problems and feeling dizzy. 

Seriously, you have just hit the nail on the head with this assertion about developing eye problems as a result of playing video games too often. 

I'm a victim of such side effects of having to get my eyes always fixated on the television screen. 

39 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, you have just hit the nail on the head with this assertion about developing eye problems as a result of playing video games too often. 

I'm a victim of such side effects of having to get my eyes always fixated on the television screen. 

Most people do get to learn from experience. Just like you were victim of eye problems as a result of too much gaming, I'm very sure someone must have told you about such effects happening if you don't cut down on your gaming habits? 

On 2/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, Anachiwo said:

Most people do get to learn from experience. Just like you were victim of eye problems as a result of too much gaming, I'm very sure someone must have told you about such effects happening if you don't cut down on your gaming habits? 

Yeah, I learnt my lesson the hard way. At least I will now be from my experience, at least it's going to be a good deterrence for them to try and not get too hooked up with it. 

I can't understand how the society (in general) can blame video games for "changing" people's attitude / behavior. The games are just games only unleess the player already has some kind of mental deviation for something really bad.

The game by itself can't do anything critical. 

11 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

I can't understand how the society (in general) can blame video games for "changing" people's attitude / behavior. The games are just games only unleess the player already has some kind of mental deviation for something really bad.

The game by itself can't do anything critical. 

Hope you are familiar with the social theory about one's environment and what one does rubbing off some effects on how such individuals behave. It's more like what excessive gaming does to people. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Hope you are familiar with the social theory about one's environment and what one does rubbing off some effects on how such individuals behave. It's more like what excessive gaming does to people. 

I'm aware of it. But I still keep my opinion: the games aren't the guilty ones (not only buy themselves) here.

It's a really complicated discussion, I know that. However, I don't think games have all THAT dangerous / lethal power (although some of them aren't really so good for some specific public).