Register Now
Alexander.

Glasses

I don't have an eye problem or anything that would hinder my views when playing video games. Although, some would argue that the glasses would help reduce the effects of your monitor brightness on your eyes but personally, I don't stay too close to the monitor courtesy of my using wireless controllers. 

My vision is horrid. I'm so near sighted that if I don't have my glasses I have to be within 3' of anything for it to be clear. Any further away from that, and it's a complete blur. As for contacts, I can't do it. having something in my eye, drives me insane, and I end up rubbing my eye constantly to get it out. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I can't help it. Also I think glasses are cute.

But one problem I do have is I'm extremely photosensitive. The majority of time I have to wear sunglasses inside my house. And when I'm out I have to wear my prescription sunglasses, as well as a second pair that fits over them, just to be able to see.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

I have clear vision to within a few inches of my face. Everything past that is a blur. I wear glasses whenever I'm awake.

Permit my asking if you have any history of eye problems? It might actually be the reason why you see things blur when they are up close to your face. 

My vision is not bad. I usually tend to be the one in the group that can read the bus numbers in the distance, and I can read small print fine. That said they are not what they used to be and on my last visit to my optometrist, she said it was time I started to wear glasses. I don't have to wear them all the time, but if I am going to be staring at a screen I wear them just to be on the safe side. So right now, while I am browsing VGR using the computer, I am wearing them. 😄

While I felt my eyes were fine, using the glasses for first time, was like being a kid again. Able to see shining surfaces and texture details I hadn't even noticed had become absent. It is pretty cool.

Edited by Kaynil

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Permit my asking if you have any history of eye problems? It might actually be the reason why you see things blur when they are up close to your face. 

I think i explained it poorly. It's the other way around; I'm nearsighted. I can see very well super up close, but very badly anywhere past a few inches away.