Register Now
DylanC

Most innovative games?

I have two games in mind which look innovative. 

1. Spirits

2. Alto's adventure

Both of those games seems to be good at their own way of handling the smoothness with which player move and end up finishing place. The graphics, music and the overall controls are also easy on those both games. I find them innovating enough for my taste in such games. 

9 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I haven’t played this, but it’s a puzzle game called Gorogoa. Check out this gif:

220px-Gorogoa-gameplay.gif

The gameplay mechanics look utterly fascinating to me, and I usually don't like puzzles. But between the innovative game play and the beautiful art, it really intrigues me.

Funnily enough, I reviewed Gorogoa when it came out. It’s a terrific puzzle game. https://www.gamegrin.com/reviews/gorogoa-review/ Really great choice!

13 hours ago, DylanC said:

Funnily enough, I reviewed Gorogoa when it came out. It’s a terrific puzzle game. https://www.gamegrin.com/reviews/gorogoa-review/ Really great choice!

"Further still, much of the artwork interconnects in consistently surprising ways, a little like an interactive MC Escher lithograph."

That may hit the nail on the head for why this game concept fascinates me. I do get an Escher vibe in terms of cleverness here. Nice review!

I would have to say Super Mario Bros. - this game was great for Nintendo, and they produced a game and system that would appeal to kids - this candy covered wonderland that allowed kids to imagine themselves as a portly plumber racing across a wierd Mushroom Kingdom to save a princess that wasn't really there.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, Bravosi said:

Should I play Zelda btw?

Why not? If you are into that type of the game genre then yes. I won't say it's completely innovative or so as there were many other games were released in that category.