Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
TheSteelyardDweller

hey

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

Fallout 3. NV is great but i like the story of Fallout 3 way better. what is your favorite Fallout game @killamch89 @DylanC @Matt Morgans

My personal favourite is NV because of the writing and humour. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved 3 as well. I think 3 has a more interesting story is some ways to NV. The stakes are higher in 3. But the characters, writing and lighthearted humour of NV wins me over. Also, NV's "Old World Blues" is one of the best Fallout DLCs, for sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

Fallout 3. NV is great but i like the story of Fallout 3 way better. what is your favorite Fallout game @killamch89 @DylanC @Matt Morgans

Personally, I don't think the writing in Fallout has ever really been stellar, so for me I think Fallout 4 would be the one I've played and enjoyed the most. Mind you, I didn't play NV until years after it came out, and so when I went back to it I felt like I needed an added incentive to play through it. As such, I do have fond memories of looking up online where I could find a Power-Fist at the lowest possible level and then playing through the whole thing with a pure unarmed, unarmoured build using just a Power-Fist and refusing to use any other weapon. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

Fallout 3. NV is great but i like the story of Fallout 3 way better. what is your favorite Fallout game @killamch89 @DylanC @Matt Morgans

I love every other Fallout game except Fallout 76! 🤣 In all seriousness, Fallout 3 would just edge it over NV because of the seriousness of Fallout 3 in terms of what was at stake. I do like Modding Fallout 4 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I love every other Fallout game except Fallout 76! 🤣 In all seriousness, Fallout 3 would just edge it over NV because of the seriousness of Fallout 3 in terms of what was at stake. I do like Modding Fallout 4 though.

dude exactly. not like NV wasn't serious, but Fallout 3 just had that EPIC quality in a way NV doesn't. I dunno like you're on this epic quest to fulfill your dad's legacy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheSteelyardDweller @killamch89 @DylanC I kind of see where you all are coming from on this ... but how were the stakes actually higher in Fallout 3 than they were in NV? I mean, Caesar's Legion wasn't exactly a tiny problem. I suppose one could argue that potential genocide was a bigger deal than mass slavery/murder, but I find it hard to quantify these things. Caesar's Legion really pissed me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

@TheSteelyardDweller @killamch89 @DylanC I kind of see where you all are coming from on this ... but how were the stakes actually higher in Fallout 3 than they were in NV? I mean, Caesar's Legion wasn't exactly a tiny problem. I suppose one could argue that potential genocide was a bigger deal than mass slavery/murder, but I find it hard to quantify these things. Caesar's Legion really pissed me off.

I think it’s the fact that in NV’s main quest you’re seeking revenge on who killed you, but F3 tasks you with looking for your father as well as saving the Capital Wasteland. You’re right, though. There’s more nuance than that. That was what I took away from my playthrough though, if that makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the discusision about Fallout and as much as i'd wish to particiapte in it, I am a complete noob at the franchise (AKA I don't play the games for that long). But I am here to welcome our boi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...