Register Now
The Blackangel

A Game You Just Don't Get The Appeal Of

I’ve never understood the appeal of Euro Truck Driver or super realistic Flight Sim like games. It just sounds so boring to me. I used to work with someone who - on his weekend off - would fly from Heathrow to new York.... in REAL TIME! Sounds as entertaining as watching paint dry, personally. But, hey, more power to you if you find joy in an experience like that! 

3 hours ago, DylanC said:

I’ve never understood the appeal of Euro Truck Driver or super realistic Flight Sim like games. It just sounds so boring to me. I used to work with someone who - on his weekend off - would fly from Heathrow to new York.... in REAL TIME! Sounds as entertaining as watching paint dry, personally. But, hey, more power to you if you find joy in an experience like that! 

Come to think of it, I don't play a lot of those Sim games either because they are extremely boring as you said.

22 hours ago, DylanC said:

Curiously enough, I knew an actual pilot who used to play those flight sim games all the time. I would think that the experience would be quite inferior compared to the real thing, but maybe it still helped him to feel at home or something. 

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Curiously enough, I knew an actual pilot who used to play those flight sim games all the time. I would think that the experience would be quite inferior compared to the real thing, but maybe it still helped him to feel at home or something. 

For someone like that, I could kind of understand, in that it could be seen as a form of practice for flying real aircraft. Though the person I knew didn’t fly real planes, as far as I new, anyway. But like I said, if you enjoy those games, it’s all good! Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, DylanC said:

For someone like that, I could kind of understand, in that it could be seen as a form of practice for flying real aircraft. Though the person I knew didn’t fly real planes, as far as I new, anyway. But like I said, if you enjoy those games, it’s all good! Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

It's what made me lose interest in games like the Sims after a while because if I want to live a great life, I need to focus on bringing it into reality rather than achieving it in a videogame.