Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there a game for you that isn't "just a game?"

Is there a game you adore to the point where to you, it goes beyond being “just a great game?”

Like for me, Bioshock has achieved a kind of unique status. Infinite in particular is arguably my all-time favourite story, above books I’ve read and movies I’ve watched, and even a lot of TV.  Philosophically, the entire series just resonates with me. It’s almost weird to me realizing that a lot of people get through them and conclude “pretty good shooters, with some fun twists.”

What game are like that for you, where you just take them extra seriously?

For me that would have to be FF8. I always end up feeling close to the characters. Like they're family, or like I was at the orphanage with them. Like I'm the 7th member of the group. The story is just so captivating that the world around me ceases to exist. But I know how to keep myself in the real world. I have my babies (4 dogs, 2 birds, 1 rat) and they always come first. 

This is my macaw. His name is Dante's Inferno. He's an evil little bastard, but he's still my buddy.

20190602_174718.jpg

I think FF7 and FF8 requires their own saga or say sequels. I don't know why FF makers make new game with each time and don't continue to tell some stories ahead. I think for me Serious Sam is one such game. It has less story and more survival that's why I like it.