Register Now
StaceyPowers

Using a console on hot days

I remember the time I went to Jamaica was on a cruise around early June several years ago, and it was so hot I thought I was going to die. That was the hottest place I had ever been until we got to Grand Cayman. I looked at a thermometer there and it was literally 133° with 100% humidity. We got off the ship for all of 30 minutes before we had to reboard and head straight for out cabin and crank the AC up. Several cold showers later, we both were finally able to relax.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I remember the time I went to Jamaica was on a cruise around early June several years ago, and it was so hot I thought I was going to die. That was the hottest place I had ever been until we got to Grand Cayman. I looked at a thermometer there and it was literally 133° with 100% humidity. We got off the ship for all of 30 minutes before we had to reboard and head straight for out cabin and crank the AC up. Several cold showers later, we both were finally able to relax.

The Caribbean in general is extremely hot during the summer months - so hot that you may avoid going out in the daytime and wait until the evening.

It's an absolutely gorgeous part of the world, but can be lethal for people who over heat easily, like myself. I start overheating at about 75°. I went back a couple years ago, but it was over xmas, so the temp was significantly lower than before. The funny thing is that the day before our flight a sheet of ice hit the entire state. All planes were grounded. It took, if I remember correctly, more than 30 crews working on the runways constantly around the clock to have the runways clear enough for incoming planes to land. There were planes coming in internationally that had no idea of the ice until it was too late. All national flights to St Louis were canceled. We actually missed the first leg of the cruise, but were able to catch up with the ship at the first docking.

Edited by The Blackangel

Just now, TheSteelyardDweller said:

dude that is crazy. and it seems like it gets hotter every year.

I'm afraid to go outside for a couple of minutes - it feels like my skin is burning off my bones (I'm not even joking). I swear this what they meant by hell on Earth 🤣

Last year I went to a beach on Mexico, near south Arizona, it has nice beaches and all but the place is hell on earth, during the night the air was almost as hot as the day. One dude that came all the way from Washington state passed out on the lobby of the hotel, he didnt even lasted day and I barely made it through the weekend.

50 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Last year I went to a beach on Mexico, near south Arizona, it has nice beaches and all but the place is hell on earth, during the night the air was almost as hot as the day. One dude that came all the way from Washington state passed out on the lobby of the hotel, he didnt even lasted day and I barely made it through the weekend.

Florida is also pretty terrible during the summer as well - If I'm out in the sun for more than 15 mins over there I start to feel feint. On top of it, there aren't many areas to take shelter from the sun except in a store.

I went to the gathering of the juggalos a few times before. The first time I went it was 120 something degrees and over 100% humidity. I was one of a lot of people that ended up in the hospital due to the heat. I almost died. The ER doctors were honestly thinking I had a heat stroke at first. Luckily I didn’t. But we went back there, got our stuff and left. The most interesting thing? This was in southern Illinois, near the Kentucky border. It wasn’t anywhere near what you would think of to be like that, like Louisiana or Arizona.

On 7/25/2019 at 11:08 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm afraid to go outside for a couple of minutes - it feels like my skin is burning off my bones (I'm not even joking). I swear this what they meant by hell on Earth 🤣

that is crazy dude. i have lived in hot places but nothing like that just uncomfortable after a few minutes. that is insane.

On 7/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

that is crazy dude. i have lived in hot places but nothing like that just uncomfortable after a few minutes. that is insane.

I have to constantly be giving my dogs water 5-6 times during the afternoon hours because of how ridiculously hot it gets. I'd let them in the house but they tend to start troubling everything within sight so I make them stay outside.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have to constantly be giving my dogs water 5-6 times during the afternoon hours because of how ridiculously hot it gets. I'd let them in the house but they tend to start troubling everything within sight so I make them stay outside.

I assume by "troubling everything" you mean chewing on furniture? I would personally say furniture be damned, and get the dogs inside in that kind of heat. The possessions can be replaced Your babies can't.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I assume by "troubling everything" you mean chewing on furniture? I would personally say furniture be damned, and get the dogs inside in that kind of heat. The possessions can be replaced Your babies can't.

They'll start turning over stuff in the house as well and they have a nice cool enough doghouse so the heat doesn't hit them directly. It's just that they're always thirsty and hungry -_- - they are a bunch of gluttons lol.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:28 AM, killamch89 said:

what temperature range are dogs comfortable in. i'd keep them where they are most comfortable.