Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
StaceyPowers

Are your partners/spouses/family/roommates supportive of your gaming?

I was reading @Alyxx, @The Blackangel and @skyfire chatting about what they look for and don't in relationships, and it got me thinking about gaming and relationships of all kinds.

For those of you who live with someone else, whether it be a partner or spouse, a family member, or a friend or roommate, how does gaming impact your relationship, if at all, and how does your relationship impact your gaming?

Do you game together? Did you meet your partner gaming? Does the person you live with support and understand your gaming, or do they complain you game too much and/or you need to use a silent keyboard to play without waking them up at night?

Edited by StaceyPowers

My partner is mostly into console games and our tastes are fairly different so we don't really play much together, if at all. I do play a lot of games with @kira1331 who is my partner as well though (polyamorous relationship) so it does help having a partner who is as much of a gamer as you. Heck she was the one who gifted me a Nintendo Switch.

My girlfriend is very supportive , we dont play together much because she doesnt like FPS or big open world RPGs , she is more into Nintendo games like Mario or Zelda games. The only thing that she doesnt like is that sometimes I spend to much time playing videogames.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

My girlfriend is very supportive , we dont play together much because she doesnt like FPS or big open world RPGs , she is more into Nintendo games like Mario or Zelda games. The only thing that she doesnt like is that sometimes I spend to much time playing videogames.

My boyfriend is the same. He's not really into FPS's due to the point of view. He does like RPG's though.

Not much at all the one around. I think the reason being some of them not much thinking it as hobby but more or less the addiction. I guess that could be one reason. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My big brother doesn't really mind but my mother thinks it is a waste of time.

My parents were both gamers when I grew up so I never had that problem.