Register Now
Dead2009

Favorite Theme Parks

I personally haven't been to tons, as money was a hard thing to come by when growing up in my family, especially after my dad was forced into retirement from the air force, after a few different medical issues that appeared suddenly at around the same time.

But, out of the theme parks I have been to, I like the Lagoon the most. It isn't too big, but not too small. And they have been working on getting bigger and bigger thrill rides there.

I would have to say Worlds Of Fun. It's not huge, nor is it overcrowded. They have good rides, and good games. I'm personally not a fan of most roller coasters. My heart can't handle the slow ascent due to my fear of heights. But there are lots of others that I truly enjoy, like the river raft, the boomerang, the detonator, and a few others. I've never been a huge fan of thrill rides as it is anyway. My favorite of all time was always the scrambler at local fairs. But I can't even ride it anymore due to my MD. At the state fair all I can do is look at shops and get something to eat.

Growing up the only one nearby was an hour away and it was Marriott's Great America. Then the name changed and I think it's Six Flags now. That was the only place to go but it was awesome even though you stood in line for 2 hours to ride some of the rides. 

I've been to Disney World and enjoy the parks there but it's way too expensive and crowded. If I ever have a grandchild I'll force myself to return though!

Here in Michigan, USA, we have Michigan's Adventure. Used to be called Deer Park Funland. We've been there a few times. Even back then, we stayed in MI to support local before it was the 'in' thing lol Also been to Cedar Point. But this was many years ago. I can no longer ride those rides lol 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:19 AM, ZandraJoi said:

Here in Michigan, USA, we have Michigan's Adventure. Used to be called Deer Park Funland. We've been there a few times. Even back then, we stayed in MI to support local before it was the 'in' thing lol Also been to Cedar Point. But this was many years ago. I can no longer ride those rides lol 

With the pandemic, I'm not surprised...

On 6/1/2020 at 10:00 AM, Lämmchen said:

Growing up the only one nearby was an hour away and it was Marriott's Great America. Then the name changed and I think it's Six Flags now. That was the only place to go but it was awesome even though you stood in line for 2 hours to ride some of the rides. 

I've been to Disney World and enjoy the parks there but it's way too expensive and crowded. If I ever have a grandchild I'll force myself to return though!

I've been to Six Flags and Disney World before and had an absolute blast at both theme parks but you're right about Disney being really expensive.

UK has a bunch but Thrope Park and Alton Towers are the famous ones with the best roller coasters and stuff. There's Blackpool pleasure beach as well but that's it own thing. I was near to Alton Towers once and I did have a online mate that I worked for that worked at the Alton Towers for many years untill he moved to Soctland.