Register Now
Zak

Whatever happened to original titles?

28 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's right because we are consumers and have control over what garbage is sold. If a lot of our money goes into games that supports unoriginality, then that is the market. If developers feel it's risky to make a unique game, then they understand that the consumers prefer poop sticks. 

Critically analyzing this actually seems to be making a lot of sense because what the final consumers decide to take becomes the commodity that sells ultimately. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:21 AM, Head_Hunter said:

They don't do much of the work again for some video game companies, whereas others really put great work to keep their games being top notch and not just copy or rebranding few things looking same like the previous option. 

Exactly, this is actually what EA and Ubisoft are very good at doing lately with most of their games. It's really frustrating see then do that often. 

On 8/24/2020 at 1:08 PM, skyfire said:

I think after some time development gets too slow that they don't focus on bigger features or changes.. innovation and originality slows down too. 

That's my opinion as well. In the beginning, the developers works hard to make a genuinely good game. But once they succeeded to get some fanbase, they try to spoil it for bigger gains, and focuses less on quality.

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That's my opinion as well. In the beginning, the developers works hard to make a genuinely good game. But once they succeeded to get some fanbase, they try to spoil it for bigger gains, and focuses less on quality.

That's very true - most modern companies after getting some kind of reputation always try to aim for bigger profit margins while taking advantage of their loyal fanbase thinking they'll stay loyal when mistreated. It usually ends in their failure...

21 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Seriously - whoever or whatever changed their gaming production policy is something that should be cursed every time as far as I'm concerned. 

On 9/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, Justin11 said:

We consumers needs the best, cos we are spending money simply to patronize those game developers. Imagine where you spent $50-$60 in a particular CD game and find out that the game play is rubbish, how will you feel? Very bad if I am to answer. 

Seriously - It's in such situations that some people make every effort to get a refund on such games that are made so bad. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - It's in such situations that some people make every effort to get a refund on such games that are made so bad. 

Surely, if you're on their shoes  after experiencing such detestable feelings of playing a video game that isn't worth it after all the hype on it, you'll seek a refund of the game if you ordered directly from the makers. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Surely, if you're on their shoes  after experiencing such detestable feelings of playing a video game that isn't worth it after all the hype on it, you'll seek a refund of the game if you ordered directly from the makers. 

Yeah - once there is a proven fault with the game being unplayable, it's definitely going to make refund very easy. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - once there is a proven fault with the game being unplayable, it's definitely going to make refund very easy. 

Yeah, refund ought be issued to me because it will be a mess that I spent money buying a game I never really enjoyed. 

47 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, refund ought be issued to me because it will be a mess that I spent money buying a game I never really enjoyed. 

Well, that you didn't enjoy a game is different from the game being unplayable. If it's the former, they may never refund the money.