Register Now
Kane99

Do you still have gaming magazines?

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - they were talking about bumping up Ipads to 720p resolution and it was revolutionary at the time. Nowadays, almost everyone would laugh at you for that.

Seriously, there are still a lot things that can still be upgraded to improve our gaming experience. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, there are still a lot things that can still be upgraded to improve our gaming experience. 

Hmm. But I personally had never bought or possessed any gaming magazines. I do read them now and then in the library (yes our office library also has a gaming magazine section 😆) . Other news I normally read online. 😊

12 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Hmm. But I personally had never bought or possessed any gaming magazines. I do read them now and then in the library (yes our office library also has a gaming magazine section 😆) . Other news I normally read online. 😊

Yeah, there are some people who don't buy printed ones but do enjoy reading online. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, there are some people who don't buy printed ones but do enjoy reading online. 

Hmm. I know that. I too have my friends who like to read online stuffs. Not sure if they are also obsessed with games like me or not, and read gaming magazines online or not. But they do play games with me. ☺️

26 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Hmm. I know that. I too have my friends who like to read online stuffs. Not sure if they are also obsessed with games like me or not, and read gaming magazines online or not. But they do play games with me. ☺️

As far as I'm concerned, if it's possible for me to download a good copy of those magazines online, it's basically the same thing to me. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

As far as I'm concerned, if it's possible for me to download a good copy of those magazines online, it's basically the same thing to me. 

You mean the PDF files. Yeah, you can download or read online, that's totally depends upon you. Specially, those magazines provide some latest buzz of the gaming market, and what really is happening around the globe and we can learn regarding latest technological advancements.

3 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

You mean the PDF files. Yeah, you can download or read online, that's totally depends upon you. Specially, those magazines provide some latest buzz of the gaming market, and what really is happening around the globe and we can learn regarding latest technological advancements.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the fact that it's quite possible to get such magazine PDF files online, which I'm sure some people will like. 

Never read a gaming magazine and I don't think I ever will, to be honest. I just think it's a lot easier to read gaming blogs and social media posts now as by the time something is published in a magazine, it's probably already old news. Plus the exclusive content on there is usually useless.

32 minutes ago, Darth said:

Never read a gaming magazine and I don't think I ever will, to be honest. I just think it's a lot easier to read gaming blogs and social media posts now as by the time something is published in a magazine, it's probably already old news. Plus the exclusive content on there is usually useless.

The gaming websites or vlogs are popular only from last couple of years. I too use these sites for latest informations.

But when I was in college in around 2014, at that time internet usage was quite limited. We had subscribed to monthly newspaper along with a gaming magazine. That way, I used to remain updated about what really is happening in outside world. 😊

1 hour ago, Darth said:

The Gaming magazines we're talking about are from years gone by as social media has taken their place. Just a decade ago, gaming magazines were all the rage.

2 hours ago, Darth said:

Yeah, if you aren't an old school, it's definitely going to be very hard to deal with those magazines but rather make use of social media. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Gaming magazines we're talking about are from years gone by as social media has taken their place. Just a decade ago, gaming magazines were all the rage.

Yeah, those magazines were quite a hit back then before the dominance of social media came to fold and pushed it aside. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The one gripe I had with gaming magazines is that sometimes they were pretty expensive...

Yeah, when the print it worth a good content, it's definitely expected to be pricy. It's why some people hire if it's possible.