Register Now
Alexander.

How do you clean your keys?

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A can of air always gets the job done for me. Also, a cloth to get rid of some more sticky substances on the keyboard.

I have never really thought of making use of can air and looking at it closely, it's definitely going to be something that's going to effective. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

Making use of cotton swaps buds can work as well but it's not going to clean deep enough in some areas. 

That's enough for me. Even if dust particles go more inside where the bud can't reach, but that's still okay as long as it's not visible. What you are saying, I will need to dismantle my keyboard for that. Lol 😆

4 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

That's enough for me. Even if dust particles go more inside where the bud can't reach, but that's still okay as long as it's not visible. What you are saying, I will need to dismantle my keyboard for that. Lol 😆

If it's about it being possible do dismantle the keyboard, it's very possible to that. I think I shared a video about how it's done. Although, making use of what works for you is understandable. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Failing to keep the keyboards clean all day will really allow dust particles penetrating into the keyboard which will cause malfunctioning at some stage. It's encouraged to keep it clean all day. 

Yeah - at worst the keys will get stiff and be hard to press again which might eventually have it damaged. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:27 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - at worst the keys will get stiff and be hard to press again which might eventually have it damaged. 

Yeap, that's why maintenance keeps our property long. If we regularly clean it to make sure those dusty or sand particles is nowhere found in the keyboard, it will make it last longer and operating smoothly. 

On 9/28/2021 at 7:09 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Yeap, that's why maintenance keeps our property long. If we regularly clean it to make sure those dusty or sand particles is nowhere found in the keyboard, it will make it last longer and operating smoothly. 

Yeah - it's just like cars as well. Every once in a while, it's good to take the car for proper maintenance in order to make sure that it stays in good condition. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's just like cars as well. Every once in a while, it's good to take the car for proper maintenance in order to make sure that it stays in good condition. 

You're there buddy, the maintenance it's simply like a car when it is not duly maintained it faces issues of wear and tear. 

Edited by Head_Hunter