Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Collectors

I collect Zippos and skulls. I have almost 70 Zippos at the moment, and almost 50 skulls. The skulls range in size from a parakeet to a zebra. But my buffalo skull may be bigger than my zebra. I’m not really sure. I have reptiles, mammals, and birds. I don’t think I have any amphibians or fish at the moment, with one exception. I have a 5” 2½ million year old Megalodon tooth. 

I used to be a big collector when I was young, but in the last ten years, it has been very slow. Yet I have so much gear of collectables. Where do I start, well I just say what I have and got then you guys can say about anything from there. Badges, or also known as pins 🙂 have over 100 of them laying around and U get them when I go away to places and also I have had people/friends send allot of pins to be when they go to different countries, all different age and each worth different costs.

Then I like to collect cars, real adult boxed cars. 

I also have a collection of garbage pail kids. Remember those? I used to walk home from school, stop at ice cream truck, and get a pack of garbage pail kids and pink panther bubble gum ice cream. I had a long walk home. I then stopped at 711 and got a slurpie. After that I crossed the desert to get home. No lie. This was Vegas in the 80's. My GPK includes Trumpocracy and Trumpocracy Disgrace to the White House from 2016-2020. Awesome stuff. I'll post some pics of it. 

On 9/17/2020 at 6:59 AM, Shagger said:

I've got a modest collection of retro game stuff and a couple if limited run albums, but I'm no collector. I think I prefer having the few, cool things over the larger collection of other things I don't really need.

I have contemplated that myself over the years. It would make sense in my rock collection to have a certain number of high value beautiful display worthy specimens, but in my GI Joe collection, I have gotten carried away getting as many figures as I can. But it also brings nostalgia from being a kid playing with them. And now they are worth something.

I first started collecting mineral specimens because a girlfriend made me a health nut and tumbled stones in jewelry bring good energy and all that. I saw all these cool looking stones and I became mesmerized. And when I finally saw crystals in its natural state. That was a calling for me. I love all the beauty as well as science behind it. I should have been a geologist. I don't know one person that collects mineral specimens. So that's quite unique. 

I hope some of you post some pics of your stuff!

I can't say I collect any stones or minerals, but my absolute favorite stone (aside from my birth stone) is hematite. I have a piece that is about 2 pounds, and I wear a hematite ring on both thumbs. I also always have extra rings as hematite is unfortunately extremely brittle. But when I look at the stone, I can get lost in it. I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love it.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I can't say I collect any stones or minerals, but my absolute favorite stone (aside from my birth stone) is hematite. I have a piece that is about 2 pounds, and I wear a hematite ring on both thumbs. I also always have extra rings as hematite is unfortunately extremely brittle. But when I look at the stone, I can get lost in it. I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love it.

I love Hematite too. That's what got me started collecting in the first place because I was looking for a Hematite necklace and stumbled into the world of the unknown. Hematite is supposed to have a lot of grounding energy and protect against emf from electronics if you believe in that stuff. I do believe they hold certain energies that really is unknown to us. But if lead can block radiation, then Hematite can block emf's or electro magnetic frequencies from electronics. 

All I know is that a ring on each hand keeps everything balanced. The chakras are more in line, and the body is able to expel psychological toxins more easily. Which leads to more healthy days. Psychologically at least. But that can in turn to better physical health as well. Hematite has properties that are so beneficial that I feel everyone should in vest at least in a couple pieces they can carry in their pockets, a couple rings, or something to wear around the neck.