Register Now
Alexander.

Share your stories of self-isolation

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Even the gaming wasn't able to keep most people from feeling choked up indoors for months. There was an extend you would play to and you get tired. The lockdown was very crazy. 

Lockdown was very crazy indeed, at some point I played more than 10 years just to kill of boringness. At some point too I get tired, I walked around my house premise to keep fitness level good. 

Unlike many, COVID and lockdowns resulted in less gaming time for me.. 😱

I was going through a rough time financially just before the first lockdown, so decided to take on a second job at a supermarket. Especially since we didn't know what the future held for schools at the time, and I felt the need to protect myself against being furloughed. As it happened, schools were reliant on IT more-so than ever so ended up working both jobs throughout the pandemic (March 2020 - July 2021).

Only now do I have a bit (not loads) of time to start playing games a bit more again. Adulting sucks.. 😂

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lockdown was very crazy indeed, at some point I played more than 10 years just to kill of boringness. At some point too I get tired, I walked around my house premise to keep fitness level good. 

What the lockdown taught me was that human beings are not meant to be locked in doors for any reason whatsoever except those in prison. 

On 10/18/2021 at 2:16 PM, Boblee said:

What the lockdown taught me was that human beings are not meant to be locked in doors for any reason whatsoever except those in prison. 

I lost my cool and my shit over and over again with how I felt being cooked up in doors. I don't think I could be able to survive in prison should I get myself locked up. 

On 10/21/2021 at 11:17 PM, Heatman said:

I lost my cool and my shit over and over again with how I felt being cooked up in doors. I don't think I could be able to survive in prison should I get myself locked up. 

There was a high rate of depression when the lockdown got serious because most people weren't prepared for it as it took longer than expected. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

There was a high rate of depression when the lockdown got serious because most people weren't prepared for it as it took longer than expected. 

Why wouldn't most people be depressed when they are not in prison but they are forced to stay in doors like a prisoners. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Covid19 simply made us prisoners in our own house. The only reason I see covid19 being blessing in disguise, it's the act of making me engaged more on gaming and working online. 

Imagine my kind of person who only stay at home for not more than 6 hours and I was forced to stay in doors for months. It drove me insane to an extent. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Imagine my kind of person who only stay at home for not more than 6 hours and I was forced to stay in doors for months. It drove me insane to an extent. 

That's devastating though, I wouldn't lie, even though I love staying indoors, but when it becomes a must for me it turns out slavery. That's what we went through during the first wave of covid19. 

8 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's devastating though, I wouldn't lie, even though I love staying indoors, but when it becomes a must for me it turns out slavery. That's what we went through during the first wave of covid19. 

It's never really easy for one who's the outdoor type to be looked in doors for months as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus. Some people died of depression then the virus. 

19 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's never really easy for one who's the outdoor type to be looked in doors for months as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus. Some people died of depression then the virus. 

It isn't easy at all, you're right, the depression was much back then. I am suspecting that, it led people to untimely death which couldn't have occured if not for the shocker of being locked up indoors.