Register Now
Kane99

Anyone here own an arcade cabinet?

I have always wanted to own an arcade cabinet, maybe something like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, or Space Invaders. Does anyone here own an arcade cabinet? I'm referring to the original arcades from back in the 80s/90s. But we can count the ones you can get at walmart as well. 

But yeah, it'd be so cool to have an arcade cabinet. I am interested in those new ones that are made. Just not sure what I'd go for. The TMNT cabinet would be nice. 

My girl has one. It's a Joust cabinet. I've been working on it to get it running for a while, but it's starting to look like an issue with the motherboard, or a processor. i've fixed wiring issues, and replaced capacitors and fuses, but it still won't run.

If anyone is curious, I have training in electronics.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:02 PM, Patrik said:

Back when these were sort of affordable and pretty much everywhere, i was a kid and couldn't afford them 😞 and now they seem to be rare and hard to get (around 400 bucks on ebay lol)

Seriously, it's really a big shame that I never got it when it's very easy to get unlike now. Hopefully, I would get it sooner rather than later.