Register Now
Kane99

How often have you had to send a gaming item in for repair?

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I believe that over repeatedly repairing of game tech hardware isn't wise. It's going to keep getting worse till it dies down completely. Fix it twice and sell it off works well for me. 

I completely agree with this. Why keep on with fixing one hardware over multiple times? Sell it off before it's useless and buy a new one. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

I completely agree with this. Why keep on with fixing one hardware over multiple times? Sell it off before it's useless and buy a new one. 

It even saves you money and stress of having to be taking it to the tech store all the time. Also, it keeps in a state of worry that it might damage anytime. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

It even saves you money and stress of having to be taking it to the tech store all the time. Also, it keeps in a state of worry that it might damage anytime. 

To frequent hardware tech shop to always fix your console or controllers isn't the best because it keeps getting worse by the day. The chips and micro processor will keep getting damaged. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

The reason why I am off from buying fairly used video game console, it's the act of not wanting to repair it when it gets damaged. I went into often repairs of my PS2 console back then, to the extent I spent more than I bought it, bizarre. 

Why fairly used is a no no for me is that you don't really know how many people that have used it and repaired it before you are buying it. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Why fairly used is a no no for me is that you don't really know how many people that have used it and repaired it before you are buying it. 

That's just it dearie. One doesn't know many times it's been taking to a video game repair shop. That's why new versions are simply the best. Unless you're buying from a reliable source. 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

The reason why I am off from buying fairly used video game console, it's the act of not wanting to repair it when it gets damaged. I went into often repairs of my PS2 console back then, to the extent I spent more than I bought it, bizarre. 

That's why I usually buy new or very lightly used. I'm not prepared to be laboring with my device when I should be gaming instead.

16 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's why I usually buy new or very lightly used. I'm not prepared to be laboring with my device when I should be gaming instead.

😂, You're simply right. I can't too. I prefer saving though, to get the funds to buy brand new or simply slightly used just as you've said. Buying fairly used which I don't have warranty, it's a risky to my funds. 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's just it dearie. One doesn't know many times it's been taking to a video game repair shop. That's why new versions are simply the best. Unless you're buying from a reliable source. 

Seriously, new ones are always the best in my opinion. Yes, they may be costly but if you used them with care, they will definitely last longer than the fairly used ones. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, new ones are always the best in my opinion. Yes, they may be costly but if you used them with care, they will definitely last longer than the fairly used ones. 

Yes, that's why it is a new video game version. When you spend your time to save and eventually get a new console, you'll spend wonder time enjoying it for long. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

With just one repair and it gets damaged again is enough for me call it on the console and have it sold off. It's better to get a new one at that stage. 

13 minutes ago, Boblee said:

With just one repair and it gets damaged again is enough for me call it on the console and have it sold off. It's better to get a new one at that stage. 

I really don't know what entered into me that I love the games back then on it, and it was trending during that era because PS3 was hyper expensive to get back then for me.