Register Now
Kane99

How often have you had to send a gaming item in for repair?

Whether it be a console, a device like a controller, or problems with video games, have you ever had to send any items in for repair? I recently had to send my nephews joy con controllers in for repair with Nintendo. Which they did for free. I also sent in my original Xbox 360 in for repair multiple times because of the dreaded red ring of death. I ended up sending it in 5 times. Yeah, it was annoying. 

Other than that, I haven't had to send anything else in for repair. Have you? 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

I can only have my controller repaired twice and still manage to use it. Anything more than that, I'm definitely getting a new controller. 

Personally, I find it very difficult to play with a repaired hardware. It's why I'm very careful about how I handle my controllers because once it's damaged, I'm replacing it. 

For all the praise I give to PC, the failure rate with my hardware has never been higher, and it's not like I've taxed any of my systems. On my first PC Green Machine, my R7 250 (not the R7 250X that I was supposed to be sold, not that it made much difference) died, and not a year after replacing that the PSU - a Corsair one - had also died, taking out the motherboard with it. So I had to have parts replaced, and it took an age. At least the folks there were kind enough to install new fans. On that same PC I had a CPU cack out on me (an AMD FX 4300), before I eventually decided it was time for an upgrade. My current PC by the name of Nosferatu hasn't had any hardware woes. Yet.

I've had Xbox 360s die on me, but in their defence they got transported a lot to give me something to do as I visited relatives, so it was no wonder that they would eventually give up the ghost. The one I have no works, but it's loud, probably caked with dust within, the hard-drive doesn't always stick to the top of the console, and the disc drive sticks too much for CeX to take it back, but it's amazing how well it serves me. I have to give consoles that much: they're built to last.

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I've sent my PS3 console earlier on for repair, and it got repaired. I never taken my PS4 console to repair because it's still brand new off from any tech issues. 

There is no guarantee that a new console wouldn't be faulty. I have seen a friend who just purchased a PS4 and it's having serious booting problems. 

On 10/15/2021 at 7:14 PM, Empire said:

I had tech failed on me, however they tend to fail when the warranty is expired. Ended up fixing it myself by ordering parts or get a new replacement. I had not yet sent anything back. 

If I have the skills and knowledge to repair them myself, I'd be happy to do so but I don't and I hardly trust those doing it for money. I have this feeling they would sabotage the tech to always be faulty. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

My first PS3 console I bought fairly used from a fellow gamer condemned totally when I took it to the repair shop, its reboot button damaged beyond repair according to the console technician. 

I believe that you meant the power bottom because I don't know if there is any separate button for the rebooting of the console. 

18 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I believe that you meant the power bottom because I don't know if there is any separate button for the rebooting of the console. 

That's the one I mean, it's still called reboot button, since you can reboot your console with it, Lol. That's what damaged in my first PS3 that made it go beyond repair. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

That's the one I mean, it's still called reboot button, since you can reboot your console with it, Lol. That's what damaged in my first PS3 that made it go beyond repair. 

You're the very first person I have heard from that called it reboot button 😂. It's plainly called power button all over here.