Register Now
Kane99

Did you ever get a non gaming fan to play games?

Basically what the title says. Have you ever got a family member or friend who wasn't into video games at all, but got them into playing them and maybe even liking them? My dad for example is not tech savvy at all. In fact, he rarely touched video games or computers. The only tech I'd say he's familiar with is mostly using a VCR. 

But, last Christmas I ended up getting my dad a tablet, and he now uses the thing a ton to play 8 ball pool against my mom. In the past he was always against it, and never understood why people play them. Now he can't get enough of it. Just wish I could get him to try games on consoles instead, but I highly doubt he will ever do that. Though he did say he was interested in trying VR. So that should be fun! 😄 

Get him drunk on football game night, afterwards plug in your system and pop in a non thinking game. I did that as a teen with my step dad. He drank on football sundays and at the time I had sega genesis with John Madden Football. Next thing I know he is laying on the ground with pillows playing my Sega when nobody is around. MF

Was a fun football game. 

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Get him drunk on football game night, afterwards plug in your system and pop in a non thinking game. I did that as a teen with my step dad. He drank on football sundays and at the time I had sega genesis with John Madden Football. Next thing I know he is laying on the ground with pillows playing my Sega when nobody is around. MF

Was a fun football game. 

🙂 That's cool! My father isn't much of a drinker these days, kind of put it behind himself, but I could try to get him to try some games. There's a ton of games that I could get him to play that would be easy even for him. 

It wasn't mine but my dad's decision, he saw me playing a trucking simulator and decided to give it a try as he was a trucker in real life, he was soooo bad that he started the typical "gaming is for kids" thingy again 😄

I distinctly remember getting my mum to help me with Donkey Kong Country and Plok! on the SNES. Bless her, she was trying her best to get constructive things done while dad worked and I waited for 144 FPS to be invented. When my mum was working, it was Duke Nukem and Resident Evil for dad in between watching sports.

Edited by Withywarlock