Register Now
Kane99

Rockstar should try their hand at an RPG

With Cyberpunk reminding me some of GTA, it got me thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Rockstar made an RPG like cyberpunk, but in their GTA style of course? I would honestly love to see that happen. The RPG stats in GTA aren't really as comparable to what games like Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout, Skyrim do. I want quests, and to do missions anyway I want to. GTA could be in a good place to do something like this. Or, they could even put it off to someone from the 2K side to make. But of course, that defeats the purpose of my topic.

What do you think?

There were "rumors" floating around last year that they were working on a Medieval game but that has been put to rest. Honestly, I do like the idea but what about a Medieval game with GTA style? Instead of Oppressors(most tryhard vehicle in existence), you'd be riding Dragons or Griffins. The possibilities are endless but then again, it would have to be lucrative for them to even pursue the venture.

Biggest problem is what can they make that feels unique, or feels more like a Rockstar game than others out there? We don't really see to many games directly compete with GTA due to it's unique scale and experience, but other genres are packed so it can be hard to tell someone to use Rockstar's version vs. another.

I'd love the idea, but I think they are too focused on the games they have now to really make a brand new game in a brand new genre. 

They better not, a company can't be the 'best' in everything, if they focus on that, they will lose focus on some of their decent projects such as GTA and other games, what rockstar should do, is paying attention to its underrated titles such as Max Payne and other games that people want but can't find.

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

They better not, a company can't be the 'best' in everything, if they focus on that, they will lose focus on some of their decent projects such as GTA and other games, what rockstar should do, is paying attention to its underrated titles such as Max Payne and other games that people want but can't find.

I would love for them to focus on of some of their other games. I wouldn't mind another Bully game and more GTA. A new Max Payne would be awesome too. Forgot about Max Payne. MP3 was pretty decent, and I could see a 4th game in the series doing well on new gen consoles. 

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I would love for them to focus on of some of their other games. I wouldn't mind another Bully game and more GTA. A new Max Payne would be awesome too. Forgot about Max Payne. MP3 was pretty decent, and I could see a 4th game in the series doing well on new gen consoles. 

I'd also appreciate a Warrior's sequel because I used to play the hell out of that game back in the days as well. I agree with you that they should make another Max Payne game and I did really love Max Payne 3. 

All that was expected of thee was to chase thy carriage, Charles-Johannesson!

In all seriousness I could see Rockstar doing a fantasy RPG well, with or without the self-aggrandising ploddiness they've adopted the past few years. I might not like it, especially when I've already got enough of that from the ponderous Medieval simulator Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but I could appreciate how well designed it is all the same.

Camelot. Thy home. 'Twas at least afore thine skyward copulation did cause great dismay.

7 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

All that was expected of thee was to chase thy carriage, Charles-Johannesson!

In all seriousness I could see Rockstar doing a fantasy RPG well, with or without the self-aggrandising ploddiness they've adopted the past few years. I might not like it, especially when I've already got enough of that from the ponderous Medieval simulator Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but I could appreciate how well designed it is all the same.

Camelot. Thy home. 'Twas at least afore thine skyward copulation did cause great dismay.

I wonder if they'd include carrying the "entertainers" to the most remote places of the kingdom to "mate" like in GTA 5 with the hookers.

On 12/18/2020 at 2:10 AM, killamch89 said:

There were "rumors" floating around last year that they were working on a Medieval game but that has been put to rest. Honestly, I do like the idea but what about a Medieval game with GTA style? Instead of Oppressors(most tryhard vehicle in existence), you'd be riding Dragons or Griffins. The possibilities are endless but then again, it would have to be lucrative for them to even pursue the venture.

Seriously, I think that we have been more accustomed to driving cars and all sorts but we never got the chance to ride a dragon 🐲 which if such medieval game is made with such possibilities, it's definitely going to be massive.