Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gaming Merch You Want

On 12/20/2020 at 7:02 AM, m76 said:

What I want doesn't exist. There are a bunch of Ellie figurines out there from last of us 2, but I wanted an Abby figure. I've made my own, but I'd like to have a better quality one still.

I didn't even know those existed...

8 hours ago, Empire said:

SOunds very expensive if it fails like 5 times and maybe the sith time it goes smoothly. It's not something like you making money from it, I mean that's what I be aiming on doing if I had a 3D printer 😉 Sounds fun with optimization and tweaking and 15 years isn't to bad, if you don't full asleep 😜 

I have seen a 3d printer in the works before in a factory that was big 😉 

They actually have some pretty small ones which are "movable". Now don't mistake it for portable because you need more than one person to help you move those things around and you're right, they're quite expensive.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, m76 said:

I actually have a 3D printer, that is what I used for my Abby figure. But extruder printers are a hit and miss for the most part, it is very sensitive to the actual model you are printing, as they can't print in mid air. So there is a lot of optimization and tweaking involved. It's good fun if you are patient and don't mind having a few bad prints. But don't expect it to work like a inkjet printer where you press print and voila. Even if everything is perfect printing a 20cm tall human figure can take about 10-15 hours. Then a lot of manual labor cleaning it up, and painting it.

Then there are resin printers that are much more versatile and can print almost anything, but in return they are more expensive use more power, and the resin is slightly toxic until it is cured.

Printers of other exotic materials like ceramics and metals I think are currently only viable for commercial enterprises as they are prohibitively expensive still.

That's very interesting. So what else have you made with your 3D printer?

8 hours ago, Empire said:

SOunds very expensive if it fails like 5 times and maybe the sith time it goes smoothly. It's not something like you making money from it, I mean that's what I be aiming on doing if I had a 3D printer 😉 Sounds fun with optimization and tweaking and 15 years isn't to bad, if you don't full asleep 😜 

I have seen a 3d printer in the works before in a factory that was big 😉 

I doubt you can make money with a 3D printer. It's for prototyping stuff and personal one off projects, not for mass production.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's very interesting. So what else have you made with your 3D printer?

Not much, printed a few other figures but I'm just too lazy to finish anything.

16 hours ago, m76 said:

I doubt you can make money with a 3D printer. It's for prototyping stuff and personal one off projects, not for mass production.

Well, make one a month and seel it 😛 $30 each right 😛 Not bad to get fast money in.

In general, video game press kits. I'm not in a position to receive any myself (I'd be optimistic in adding "yet"), but some of them are fantastic to behold, even if they would conflict with my reviewing ethics because I want my impressions changed as least as possible by marketing.

Specifically though, I'd love to get my hands on a complete Fallout: New Vegas collector's edition complete with the poker set and "platinum" chip. I remember seeing it in the Argos Catalogue thinking I must pre-order it but ultimately didn't. At the time I was glad I hadn't because I didn't like New Vegas, and it wouldn't be until a few years later that it would become one of my all-time favourite video games. Trying to find that lunchbox now for less than the £60 I could've had it for at the time is difficult to say the least.

Finally, not merch necessarily, but the old big box versions of some classics - Baldur's Gate and if there was one for Fallout 1 & 2, those'd be smashing.

Edited by Withywarlock