Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games do you take super seriously (not in a negative way)?

@Kane99 created an interesting thread here about bickering gamers who take their games and consoles seriously in a negative fashion and pick fights with each other as a result.

By contrast, does anyone here take any games very seriously, but in a positive and non-critical way? Like for example, I take the BioShock series extremely seriously--they are not "just games" to me--but I can still laugh at silly things about them and not attack other people over them.

Warcraft III is the reason I am writing stories and poems even today. It started as a map building and story creating and I now can say I have even earned as a writer some money. I attribute it to the great story of the Warcraft universe.

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

None. I don't think we should take game seriously. It's a way of getting your stress out of your mind. If you take it seriously, you can never enjoy the game. I personally play games for entertainment only. 😁

Yeah - To some extent I tend to agree with you on this a little. With some games, you really need to put in more efforts into it, otherwise it's going to be hard to complete them. 

37 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I never take games too seriously - often times I get accused of doing the opposite and it should be that because games are made to be fun so you should try to enjoy them. Making it into anything more serious takes the fun out of it.

The keyword here that you used which I completely agree with is never take it "too seriously" if you don't want to ruin the fun. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

The keyword here that you used which I completely agree with is never take it "too seriously" if you don't want to ruin the fun. 

I don't mind being a bit serious because I want to win but don't go overboard if things don't work out.

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I don't mind being a bit serious because I want to win but don't go overboard if things don't work out.

Exactly, that's how it is in most of my gameplays. I get into to playing to have fun but also to win and complete the game as well ; so a lit bit of seriousness is required.